Defensive Carry banner

New tools

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Jeremiah 
#1 ·
Since everybody likes pictures... Recently picked up a lightly used Charter Arms Bulldog Pug in .44 SPL and a Ruger LCP.
Didn't have real high hopes for the Charter, but I figured if it worked out, a .44 SPL to carry wouldn't be a bad thing. It had a COBUS casing from 2/07, so not that old. I'm pretty happy with it actually. While I'm not going to mistake it for my S&W 640, it's put together well enough, and about as accurate. Which probably says more about me than the gun, but I save the real target shooting for longer barrels. Recoil is very manageable. The 240 grain Silvertips are pretty spirited but controllable.
I was concerned about finding a holster for it, but thought it might be worth a try jamming it in my worn-out j-frame holster. Stuffed it in there, and it fits great. Snug with a nice draw. Nothing like recycling from the ol' holster drawer! The biggest drawback is the ridiculously short ejector rod, you can see it at full stroke.
You've all probably heard enough about the LCP. I was going to wait until Kahr came out with their .380 to replace my P32, but a friend of mine picked one up and let me take it for a spin. I was pleasantly surprised and decided to go for it, since my local shop had one in stock with the new style slide lock- the old style like the one I tried was a huge pain.
The takedown is a lot easier than a P3AT, for me at least. No worries about the grip separating from the frame, just push the slide out of battery and pop the pin out.
Two thumbs up for the two new shooting irons!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Didn't get off cheap with the LCP. He was firm at $375 because it "wouldn't be fair to the others who paid that," but gave me a credit of $40 off my next gun. So not too bad actually at $335.
While I still love my .357 640, there's just something about a .44! Probably will be the winter EDC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.