Thoughts on a few guns I have held recently....

This is a discussion on Thoughts on a few guns I have held recently.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to a gun shop with a buddy today and held a few guns...dreamed a little...drooled a lot. Gun #1, the XDM. What can I ...

Thread: Thoughts on a few guns I have held recently....

Went to a gun shop with a buddy today and held a few guns...dreamed a little...drooled a lot.

Gun #1, the XDM. What can I say? I loved it. The only thing I still am not crazy about is the aggressiveness of the "checkering" in the front and back of the grip. Other than that, I think they have hit a home run with it.

Gun #2, H&K P30. Well....all I can say is WOW! I really, really, really love the grip on this gun. It felt so natural I have a hard time putting it into words. I really want one to be honest about it. If anyone has one I would love to hear how it shoots and handles for real.

Gun #3, Dan Wesson Commander Bob Tail in .45acp. Very nice. If I had the money (!!!!!!) I would want one but I don't believe I will ever be in a position financially to drop that much on a handgun. I have far too many kids to continuously pay for.

Gun #4, S&W M&P 9mm compact. I liked it but it rubbed my middle finger uncomfortably where the trigger guard meets the front strap of the grip. For that reason, I doubt I would buy it as I would not really be confident in my being able to get a good grip in a stressful situation.

Gun #5, SIG P250. All I can say is: meh. I like the whole modular fire control system thing, I think that is a huge step forward in the field but, as far as ergonomics go, I don't like the way it felt in my hand.

Gun #6, H&K P2000Sk, I liked it a lot but did not like the grip nearly as much as the grip on the P30 so for that reason I was not impressed with it too much.

So, that was my trip to the gun shop today. Just thought I'd put that out there for not particular reason.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Do you have a 1911, yet?

Sounds like you may have caught the bug by being in close proximity with that Dan Wesson.

You might as well start saving. When you close your eyes to go to sleep, you're going to think about it, and when you drift off to sleep, you're going to dream about it.

I, also, found the XDM too extreme for my tastes. The original felt much better to me.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I recently held a Nighthawk T3...... BAD MISTAKE

Now I'll need to spend some of the kids college funds

My brother has a P250, I was surprised how good the trigger feels, for how cheap it looks. Sig is missing the boat selling it as a gun instead of a kit. Should be able to mix frame, slide, and caliber when you buy it.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Gun #4, S&W M&P 9mm compact. I liked it but it rubbed my middle finger uncomfortably where the trigger guard meets the front strap of the grip. For that reason, I doubt I would buy it as I would not really be confident in my being able to get a good grip in a stressful situation.
    I get that with every Glock I've ever held. But it's more the too-square right bottom edge of the trigger guard rubbing against the big knuckle. At the range, after about 150 or so rounds, it's downright painful.

If I were to ever actually OWN a Glock, that's the first thing I'd change about it.

Administrator
    Now all we need is measurements and some PICS of your gun hand TN Mike.

Thumbs up P30

I had the opportunity to shoot one of these last week. Might be the most comfortable gun I have ever held. The glow in the dark sights are so bright, it might be a liability. I shot well with it, but was suprised at the amount of take-up the trigger had in SA mode. I'm sure someone could adjust that, and in fact, it's probably the only thing I would change. Otherwise, a superb piece.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I agree on the HK P30 grip. The quality can't be seen, it must be experienced... it is something special.

You guys need to stop talking about the HKs,
    I've had those in the back of my mind for years
    And I need to keep it there (in the back of my mind)

----no -- first tell me what cal. the P30 is, then you can stop
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Sponsored Links