G23 vs G27 - Comfort?

This is a discussion on G23 vs G27 - Comfort? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have owned the G23 and now have the G26 and prefer it to the G19/23 models for concealed carry. I can carry the G26 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G23 vs G27 - Comfort?

I have owned the G23 and now have the G26 and prefer it to the G19/23 models for concealed carry. I can carry the G26 just about anywhere. I do not use a magazine grip extension on mine as I feel it is unnecessary IMHO. If I want a longer grip, then I will buy a G19 and be done with it.

Don't get me wrong, the G19/23 are excellent pistols, just that they will probably conceal better with some sort of a covering garment in place. I have developed arthritis in my hands and wrists, and it has become painful for me to shoot both the .40S&W and .45ACP in practice sessions.
    God bless our troops!

2. Remove Ads

I love everything about the G23 except that it is uncomfortable when I CC. I have not had a chance to look and feel a G27 in person yet as I'd be really tempted to buy one should I set foot in a store. :)

I also know that I need a "real" belt and a holster that I;m also comfortable with.

I have a Crossbreed IWB that though I like, wearing it would mean I need new pants. I also am returning a Highnoon Hidden Alley as it feels too "lightweight" - exactly as described by them.

I may have to hold off on looking at the G27 until I get a new belt, and maybe a new holster. THEN I can really judge if the G23 is too big for me to CC. If I can help it, I do intend to keep the G23 and add a new gun.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

which Glock ?

Yes, same thickness. The real spec that effects how well it will conceal for you, is grip length. Shorter grips are less prone to stick out and print.
    I carry my G27 comfortably in an M tac.

For CCW I give the edge to 26/27 because with the right pants you can carry them in a pocket or ankle holster.
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

For IWB, the G27 will be just a tad more comfortable just cause its size is a bit smaller in length. But they are the same thickness.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I have no problems concealing my G23, and I'm not very big; only 5'-6".

I do believe that the 27 would be easier to carry if you carry appendix, due to the slightly shorter barrel.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    23! I don't like the 26 and 27's just a little to small for me and my hands. I love the mid size glocks 19,23,29,30!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

i bought the 23 first and the 27 a year later. the subcompacts take a little getting used to shooting without a grip ext, i think a gap floor plate is a must. if i had to pick one just for ccw it would be the 27. i can do anything with the 27 that i can do with the 23 but in a smaller lighter package. as far as carry goes the 27 carries much better.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I bought the 19 first. The 26 4 years later. I've not carried the 19 since the 26 came home last fall. The 26 is easier to conceal and more comfortable for me to carry. 5'-8"/172 lbs/68 years old.

I can do an hour praising the Glock 26. It's the practically perfect carry gun for me. I have an LCP for some situations in the summer in shorts, the rest of the time the 26 works fine.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links