PM9 DLC finish.

This is a discussion on PM9 DLC finish. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I received my PM9 direct from the factory with this small nick on the slide. I know that it doesn't affect function, however, with the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PM9 DLC finish.

PM9 DLC finish.

I received my PM9 direct from the factory with this small nick on the slide. I know that it doesn't affect function, however, with the price tag and the advertising on the finish would it be unreasonable to expect it to be flawless?

Yes the K has a nick

this is the frame being worn by the slide
    Last edited by JLeon; August 4th, 2008 at 02:22 AM. Reason: More pics

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Personally, it wouldn't bother me much more than being an annoyance, but you do have every right to expect perfection at the price point the PM9 sells for.
    "Just blame Sixto"

You will get slide wear on the frame but the external defects should be brought to their attention and they will probably refinish it or replace the slide
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Update.

First I just want to point out that they have an outstanding customer service.

They are taking care of it.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I would contact Kahr and send it back . Kahr does not do the DLC it is contracted and simply slipped thro inspections . Its not a big thing ( in one way ) considering the dlc is applied to a stainless slide However in another way i would be real concerned about the bond of the dlc on the entire slide if one spot flaked like the pic . The dlc is not simply cosmetic it in fact aids in lubing the slide as the black color actually comes from oils trapped in micro pores . Dlc is not self lubing , but my dlc pm9 will run dryer than my nickle p9 even being a sub compact . Aside from that for the price of a DLC PM pistol it dammed sure should be as visually appealing as the little beast can be .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Yikes, there is a very good possibility that a PM9 is my next purchase. I will look one over very closely. I hope they refinish the slide to your satisfaction - free of charge that is!
    God bless our troops!

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    to the extent I'm able/ it's possible, I always breakdown and inspect the guns I buy (if I know how ) for that very reason. Having said that, I'm trying to "recondition" myself to LIKE a little character on my carry guns, but I would like to be the one who adds the character.

I get anal about the looks of my guns but had to get over it because as you all know, any carry gun will show wear if it's really carried.

Still I'd want that ding fixed.

I had a brand new 642 that I was looking at over a concrete floor. I dropped it and put a nice little dig in the aluminum frame. Made me sick!! But now I'm almost all better and don't get bothered by a little character on my guns.

Nice gun by the way and I love the all black business look of the Kahrs with blackened slides. I have the P9 with Blackened slide and love it.

I have a PM9 and it cost me a lot of bucks. I would want it fixed too if it were mine!!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Update NEW PICS!!!

Received a replacement slide and guess what... same issues. I'm begining to think that their latest batch is bad. As you can see the nick from the K in KAHR is the exact same as the original pictures.

This slide is actually worse in my opinion due to the jagged part where the slide touches the frame. At this point I'm disappointed at the QC from KAHR.

As a warning to others, make sure you carefully inspect before buying. What a pain... By the way, the P3AT is off the market.

This is not only nicked but seems to be missing metal as in if they used visegrips to grab it and left tool marks.

Different angle

Another random nick...

The nicked K.

Last edited by JLeon; August 6th, 2008 at 09:24 PM.

What do you mean the 3PAT is off the market?
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Damm i have heard Kahr horror storys before , but you are first person ( and my kahrs are fine ) . Make them pay it out as a new gun or say to hell with it and i wont send it back again in either event i wouldn't blame you . If you sell it online i fore one might be intrested in a discount kahr . if it comes to work that way .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage View Post
    What do you mean the 3PAT is off the market?

Haha...My original plan was for the PM9 to replace my P3AT...not anymore.

I have the PM-9 and mine is perfect. Keep after them.

Thumbs down Latest reply from customer service.

"I receive the pictures of the new slide I sent you. The marks on the inside where the frame rails travel, is going to wear the finish off from normal slide movement. Also the corner of the K in kahr gets a bit worn due to the roll marks and engraving. That particular point has a high spot from the roll marking, and wears just a bit when the DLC coating is applied. I have checked with our parts department, and the one I sent you is the best one we currently have. I still have your original slide, and can touch that one up with a bluing acid, however it is not a flat black color like the DLC so you wont see exposed steel but the color is not going to match exactly. I have enclosed an attachment to show you what it would look like. Please let me know what you want to do."

I pretty much said that I want a new flawless slide or nothing. It sounds to me like they are not standing behind their product and are trying to feed me a line. I hope that's not the case.
    Last edited by JLeon; August 7th, 2008 at 01:07 PM.

" They're not all bad. I paid extra for the Diamond like coating, and I want a perfect one. The ones in your sales brochures don't have chips. Nothing else will do. Or give me my money back."
    How about that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links