the CZ75B as a carry option

This is a discussion on the CZ75B as a carry option within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking to purchase a CZ75B as an carry option and to use for IDPA. I was told that CZ is comparable to Sigarms. ...

Thread: the CZ75B as a carry option

Post the CZ75B as a carry option

I am looking to purchase a CZ75B as an carry option and to use for IDPA. I was told that CZ is comparable to Sigarms. Any CZ owners use this as a carry option and can discuss it's accuracy up to 30 yds.
    Last edited by bulldog1; August 5th, 2008 at 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I carry a CZ75 P-06 40 cal. ,just a bit smaller than the 75B. 75B should due you well as a carry weapon. As far as accuracy, I can assure you, if you do your part it will definitely do it's!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I am interested in this same gun as a carry option for my wife. Sounds like a good gun... low recoil, high capacity, everyone I have talked to said it is a super accurate gun. I haven't ever shot one yet though.

Also I am curious does the finish hold up to holster wear??

I have a 75BD and it is a tack driver and yes I have concealed carried it some. On the plus side, if you are are carrying a CZ75 you are very well armed with a very accurate and high capacity weapon. On the minus side its heavy and the longer barrel results in slower presentation of weapon at crunch time. For concealed carry I would recommend the P01 if you want to stay with CZ and stick with an all metal handgun.

The bottom line is the best IDPA gun is going to be something like the CZ75 while the best cc gun is going to be polymer for weight reduction and smaller for easier concealment and faster presentation, say a compact xd or glock or possibly Smith's new M&P in the compact size.

Because of the above I almost never carry the BD. My carry guns are 75% of the time my Kahr CW9 and 25% Sigma 40ve.

I have an older, pre-B CZ-75 (9mm) that I often carry. I'm 5'11", about 195 lbs, and 35" waist, so I'm not a particularly large guy. It carries the same as my 5" 1911. With a good belt and holster, it isn't difficult or uncomfortable to carry at all; I often carry IWB under just a T-shirt (and jeans, of course ). Mine is all-steel and feels like it , but even with 147gr +P, it's gentle to shoot - and all CZ's (that I've seen, anyways) seem to be more accurate than their owners.
    You won't be disapointed.

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

JRG
    I carried the 75BD for a couple of years and then recently went to the CZ75D PCR for carry. The PCR for me is a very ergo design and the lower weight makes for an easier carry. I'm also looking into the C Z RAMI.
    I think you will be very well armed with the 75BD and I'm a big fan of the decockers.....
    Jim - Danville, IN

Quote Originally Posted by hip2bsquare View Post
    I am interested in this same gun as a carry option for my wife. Sounds like a good gun... low recoil, high capacity, everyone I have talked to said it is a super accurate gun.
    The polymer frames are lighter, and in 9mm should still be easily controllable - especially if you avoid the +P. There are also a couple models that are (slightly) smaller in size.

Quote Originally Posted by hip2bsquare View Post
    Also I am curious does the finish hold up to holster wear??
    Mine still has the original paint-like (polymer??) finish from the middle 70's. Minor wear on corners and a few dings, but not bad for a 30-year-old working gun in original finish. Probably at least 75-80%, or better (just a guess; I'm not an authority on that).

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

I used to have a cz pcr compact. Had to sell it due to needing $$$. Wish I hadnt. It was a great gun no problems or issues with it. I carried it on occasion. and shot it out to 50 yards and it was pretty darned accurate. Good luck with your choice. Sixgun

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    My CZ75s are too heavy for me to carry nowdays.

The RAMI works nicely, but a slightly bigger but still 25 or so ounce CZ is
    in my future.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    My CZ75s are too heavy for me to carry nowdays.

The RAMI works nicely, but a slightly bigger but still 25 or so ounce CZ is
    in my future.
    P-07 Duty? I am very interested in the P-07 and cannot wait for more information on it. I have a P-01 and love it, but if it dropped a decent amount of weight going to the polymer I think we would turn a good carry pistol to a great carry pistol. People are right about CZs, you just can't stop at one! I only have two so far, but that will not last long.

bulldog, CZ makes a great pistol. I carry the P-01, myself. (Click on the links below, for further info.)

With the right holster, it's as easy to carry as a full-size Colt Gov't 1911 pistol. I've got a few holsters for it, including a Fist #17A IWB, a Fist #18 paddle, a Galco Yaqui paddle, a Blade Tech, a CompTac Minotaur MTAC IWB. With the Fist #17A and the MTAC, it simply disappears under a light shirt or covering garment.

At 28oz, it's a bit heavier than the many polymer alternatives out there, and it is a bit thicker than many folks prefer. But, the grip angle is stellar, the feel in the hand is wonderful, and it shoots very well. I would rank reliability and performance up there with the best carry guns you could choose.

For a slightly smaller package, there is the CZ 2075 RAMI.

Or, the full-size 75 will do just fine.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Carried mine very successfully for a couple of years both OWB & IWB in Tucker holsters.

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I own both the CZ 75B and the CZ 75 P01. I have carried both pistols, and have competed with both pistols in IDPA and Speed Steel matches.

The 75B is a great competition and home defense gun. It is built well, is accurate and is reliable.

The P01 is lighter by about 7 or 8 ounces, and is slightly smaller in dimensions. It uses 14 round magazines, as compared to 16 rounders for the 75B. However, you can use the larger 16 round magazines in the P01. When carrying, I use the standard mag in the holster, and keep the larger mags in a mag carrier.

While both are good guns, I usually carry the P01, because it is lighter and less of a challenge to keep concealed. It is every bit as accurate and reliable as the 75B, and in my opinion, has a superior grip for my smaller than average hands.

Links