P-11 vs. g26

P-11 vs. g26

This is a discussion on P-11 vs. g26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every1 complains about the p-11 trigger but how does it feel compaired to a glock 26 trigger? What about after it has been modified? Any1 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P-11 vs. g26

P-11 vs. g26

Every1 complains about the p-11 trigger but how does it feel compaired to a glock 26 trigger? What about after it has been modified? Any1 with experience??

I have a P11 that I like a lot. I have shot a G19 a bunch.

The P11 is like a DAO revolver with a longer trigger pull that makes it a good bad breath defensive pistol but you will never make it a target shooter. The P11 is thinner, rounder, better grip angle for me than the glock, cheaper by 50% and can take S&W 9mm double stack mags.

The Glock has a much better trigger and can use G19 and 17 mags in the 26.

I carry a P11 myself over the G26.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I've had both...dumped the P-11.

The Glock-26 (put night sights on mine) has a much better trigger...nicer gun...you will pay more, but you get what you pay for.
    I don't even think that the two compare...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would go with the Glock. I've never had a 26 but I do have a 19 and I like it sooooooo much more than the P-11 I had and sold. And I agree with retsupt99 that the two don't really even compare. Go with the Glock. You will be much happier in my opinion.

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I have a P11, it is what it is, a good up close defender the trigger is stiff but not overly heavy,It conceals well but the glock has a smoother trigger
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

It's interesting that the subject of the Kel-Tec P11 should come up just now. Only recently, I was considering starting a thread of my own about whether anybody considers buying the P11 anymore, since so many small 9mm semi-autos have been introduced since the mid-'90s when the Kel-Tec was the next big thing.

With the Kahr PM9, the CZ Rami, the Glock 26 and Kel-Tec's own agressively marketed PF-9 all out there to consider, it seems the P11 is up against some pretty stiff competition.

However, if you look at the specs, I think you'll agree that it's still in a class of its own with regard to the combination of price, size, weight and round capacity. There's still nothing quite like it. It's considerably smaller and lighter than the Glock 26, but has the same capacity with flush-fitting mags. And it is much less expensive than almost any new 9mm out there, at least at last check. That alone probably ensures the P11's survival in the crowded marketplace.

The P11 seems able to get the job done. Though people commonly snub it, most of the dislike stems from the terrible trigger, not problems with reliability, at least from what I've read.

I've never owned one.

I too have looked it the P11,but have yet to talk myself into it.
    I have owned the Kel Tek 380 and 40 and did not have any
    trouble out of them.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Go to a gunstore and try them both, see how they fit in your hand and how you deal with the trigger. Do some homework, then make your decision.
    Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm
    Beretta 92FS 9mm
    Browning Buckmark 22LR
    Ruger Mark III Dexlue Competition Model 22LR.
    1911 Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    The P11 seems able to get the job done. Though people commonly snub it, most of the dislike stems from the terrible trigger, not problems with reliability, at least from what I've read.
    Basically the difference between a Taurus snub and a S&W J-frame.
    Does the same basic job, but one has distinctly better fit, finish & materials.

I thought I was getting pranked when I shot my friends P11.

I know it is marketed as a 'combat trigger', but it is quite the hindrance. I don't think anyone can get used to that trigger pull.
    OD G19 || G26 || OD KT P3AT

I hear that trigger mods from a person from keltec forum lightends the trigger significantly and can shorten it if wanted.

I have both.

I carry the G26 more often, mostly because of the better trigger pull and the nite sights. However, the P11 is much lighter and conceals easier. Both are reliable.

Get one of each if you can't decide.
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that . . . it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. . . ." Letter from Thomas Jefferson to Justice John Cartwright (June 5, 1824)

Good question, I just checked my records. I am issused a G22 in .40 for duty. I carry a P-11 as backup and sometimes off duty. I qualify 95% and above with the Glock. The P-11 the lowest score so far is 90% and have yet to miss the torso at 25 yards. That said the P-11 is not a fun pistol to shoot, and by no means a target pistol, and I do not even think it is a plinker, but it is capable of doing what it is designed for.

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    I hear that trigger mods from a person from keltec forum lightens the trigger significantly .
    Yes there is a trigger mod that is hard to tell from factory and lightens it up greatly....
    I have a P11 and also a P32...... P32 has been flawless and the P11 is too as long as it isnt fed steel cased ammo.
    they are good for what they were intended for. If I could have found a PF9 I would have gotten it instead of the P11 I came across.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I've had both...dumped the P-11.

The Glock-26 (put night sights on mine) has a much better trigger...nicer gun...you will pay more, but you get what you pay for.
    I don't even think that the two compare...OMO
    my sentiments exactly.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links