Glock 30 for carry

This is a discussion on Glock 30 for carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well as some of you have seen I got a Glock 21 not too long ago and love it! Now thinking for concealed carry of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 30 for carry

Glock 30 for carry

Well as some of you have seen I got a Glock 21 not too long ago and love it! Now thinking for concealed carry of getting its little brother the G30. Obviously this time of year it is hot as hell down here in Texas and trying to hide a full frame Glock is tough to do when your wearing t-shirt and shorts, thats why I am considering the G30 for summer carry. I know in the cooler months when its jacket weather I can easily conceal the 21, but in the mean time would like something of the same caliber as the 21, all I have right now is my pocket ruger lcp but obviously want something with more firepower then the .380. Just wandered what anyones experience is with a G30?
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

2. Remove Ads

Personally I thought the recoil was VERY controllable for the G30. On the other hand, I thought the G36 felt painful (and I shoot an MK40)! Green light on the G30. Not only is it more comfortable, you get to use your G21 mags as backup mags for extra firepower!

I'm very happy with mine. Here in CA it's plenty hot too, but even wearing a t shirt and shorts it conceals well in my CTAC.

Ron

I seldom carry my 30. It is a little bulky IMO. I've tried it in my MTAC and it becomes a little uncomfortable after awhile. I usually end up going back to my 27. I'll bring the 30 back in the cooler months with an OWB set up.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Right now my EDC is my G30. I carry in a Sidearmor IWB and it conceals just fine under a T shirt.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    I seldom carry my 30. It is a little bulky IMO. I've tried it in my MTAC and it becomes a little uncomfortable after awhile. I usually end up going back to my 27. I'll bring the 30 back in the cooler months with an OWB set up.

Please forgive me since I'm still not a complete veteran of this site, but what is a "MTAC"? And doubt the 30 will be bulky for me since I own a 21 and unlike what alot of people say it is not too bulky for me, fits just perfect, so I am sure the 30 will definatly not be too bulky for me. And for cooler months, thats what my 21 will be for.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

MTAC is an IWB (inside waist band) holster made by Comp-Tac. It is a Hybrid holster made of both Kydex and Leather. It also has a user adjustable cant and is tuckable as well. Highly recommended by many members of this forum.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I've got both a G21 and a G30, and the 30 does carry quite nicely. It can also use your G21 mags, so you can carry a high-cap backup mag. The 30 also carrys very comfortably (I usually have it in a Bianchi Carrylock OWB).

If you want something a little smaller but still .45, look at a Glock 36. That's my common choice for summer carry. Slip a t-shirt over it in an IWB, and it disappears.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

My main carry gun is a G30 - I like the .45 cal, I have all the 9's and .40' plus the 21SF. The 30 is not the easiest to conceal or control but it does what I want. I keep a snub nose S&W in my left front pocket and sometimes keep a KT.380 in my hip pocket. Depends on where I go and when ability to conceal with the clothing I wear. Go to a range and rent one. If it feels good then buy one.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

I have owned one (G30)and found it to be a little wide to carry.
    it shot great and I had no trouble with it but I did not carry
    as much as I would like so I traded it.
    I now have a G33 and love it
    it(g33) has the same frame size as the G26/G27
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

B52
    My EDC is a Glock30. I am skinny 5'8" 160 and conceal it well in a Comptac Infidel holster. The gun shoots great and I love having 10rounds plus a 13round mag for backup. I do carry a Glock26 occasionally when I am wearing board shorts or tighter fitting shirts.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have a Glock 30 and while I have carried it, it does tend to print a bit. For me , the thickness is an asset while shooting it, 'cause you can get a real good grip on it, but it doesn't make it easier to carry. I just bought a Glock 36 and it carries so much better. I can't tell you enough how much I like this gun. The grip is actually thinner than the grip on my Glock 19. If you don't mind having 6+1 ( I carry extra mags anyway) then you may also consider the 36. It is what I was looking for about 6 guns ago!

I have had a G30 for a couple of years and have carried it only a couple of times. To me it feels too wide and bulky. I much prefer my Kahr P9 for an EDC.

EDC 30SF in Mtac. Works great. Also no problem to conceal with shorts and untucked t-shirt.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    MTAC is an IWB (inside waist band) holster made by Comp-Tac. It is a Hybrid holster made of both Kydex and Leather. It also has a user adjustable cant and is tuckable as well. Highly recommended by many members of this forum.

Thanks, still learning the initials to everything in here. LOL

Samuel Adams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links