Colt New Agent

This is a discussion on Colt New Agent within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After a few month search for a Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact complete with unanswered e-mails to Springfield and distributors I ended up at the gun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt New Agent

Colt New Agent

After a few month search for a Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact complete with unanswered e-mails to Springfield and distributors I ended up at the gun shop yesterday.

I found a Colt New Agent and it came home with me.

I'm hoping to find some range time this week. I need to run some ammo through it and practice with the gutter sight.

Anthing I should know about it?

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I know its illegal to post about a new Colt and not post pictures. The black choppers will be arriving shortly.
    "Just blame Sixto"

lol. I'll try to get some up.

Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    lol. I'll try to get some up.
    No, it's not funny...SIXTO will arrest you and post YOUR picture...he's a very sensitive guy.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I only hope you like yours as well as I liked mine. I was worried about the gutter sight and the recoil. IMHO, the recoil felt softer than my full size SA 1911.

As for the gutter sight; it does take a little getting used to. You can't just sight perfectly straight down it or you'll shoot VERY low. You actually see the 1/3 of it toward the barrel. Hard to describe but shoot a round at 7 rounds, see where it prints and adjust and you'll see what I mean.

I actually find it easier to get on target with this sight picture than with my 3 dots. I was really worried how I'd like it. I still think a post in notch is the best for carefully aimed shots but for pure defensive shooting the trench is great.

I also wondered about the grooves on the front strap. I like 30 lpi checkering but the grooves are just fine.

As for ammos selection, mine doesn't like corbon or Speer Gold Dots in JHP but mine loves Remington Golden Saber 185 gr.

Enjoy your new weapon!

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar

Major Thread Hijack Alert!!

Apologies in advance to myusername.

I got a Colt Agent yesterday, too. I hadn't been searching for any particular pistol, but I had sold a few guns that I hadn't shot in a (long) while and had thus come into some extra money that was burning a hole in my pocket.

And I saw what had to be the kewlest small 1911 on which I had ever laid eyes.

So I picked it up. After heading back home to check on the New Agent's reliability via some internetting (I'd heard some bad things about the 1911 in a three-inch platform), I went back, and as they say, the rest is history.

I took it out today for the first time. I was a little apprehensive about the gutter sight and the stubby little 1911's reliability. I had fed some ammo through it last night, and it was a little reluctant at first.

But I tried out some Speer Short Barrel 230-grain, some DPX 185-grain and some 230-grain Federal Hydra-Shoks.

Well, myusername, if yours is like mine, you have some real pleasure in store for you when you get to the range.

The gun shoots as straight as the road to hell and makes a hole twice as wide.

What's more, it ate all of those various flavors of ammo (mixed, too) without even a hint of a hiccup.

That little pistol emptied FAST.

I didn't have any trouble with the gutter sight, either. Maybe it's because my eyes were so close to where my mind usually resides ...

Seriously, it wasn't a big adjustment for me and it pointed naturally. I was very, very impressed with it.

I've got pics of the pistol below - - I didn't take any out at the range, as I was distance shooting with the little gun (25 yards). They were all within the size of basketball, even rapid-fire, and that's great for a 3-inch barrel on a .45 ACP.

There's still some work to do here for myusername....some pics of some tight groups, for instance....
    Attached Images
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

OD*
    Congratulations to you both.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

That gun is my NEXT carry gun! So sweet!

Colt New Agent

Randy,

Congrats on the new pistol. It looks great. I will bet so much thiner than some of your CCW guns. Do you have a holster? Be safe and have fun shooting.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

to both of you! One day I may have to get one as a Bug to my Para P-12 if I ever start carrying that again.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Here is a Cell Phone pic. Its the best I can do right now.
    Attached Images

Enjoy your new Colt - It's a great gun!
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

I sure like mine.

I carry mine in a GrandfatherOak IWB Kydex. Great gun.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Danimal:

Those are some gr8 pix!
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

I took it to the range and put 100 rounds through it today. It shoots great and recoil is much better than I was expecting. I was expceting my hand to hurt after but it doesnt, my fingers do from loading the mags though.

The trench sight is fine if I do my part, as I get tired I let the gun drop a little and didn't pay attention to it and it shot low. I put the target out to fifteen yards and was able to keep it where I wanted it. I kept it a little forward of the 7 yard line most of the time. If I have to use this gun I think it will be at a close distance.

Here are some target pics. I think I stopped him ;) The first is at the range after a couple of magazines. The second picture is the target taped on a wall. I put it on the wall in my girlfriends dining room to annoy her. Its coming down soon. lol The last pic is the two guns I get to clean tonight. The P7 I've put off for a few days. I think the gas piston is binding.
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links