Glock 30sf

Glock 30sf

This is a discussion on Glock 30sf within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello board! This is my first post, as I have been lurking here for some time, reading as much as I can. i will be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 30sf

Thumbs up Glock 30sf

Hello board!

This is my first post, as I have been lurking here for some time, reading as much as I can. i will be getting my CPL in just a couple weeks. (meeting with the gun board end of August).

I have been looking at a carry gun and think I have decided to go with a Glock. I like the stopping power of the .45 so I was thinking a Glock 30 or... better yet a Glock 30sf.

I took your advice and went to the shop today and held one to try out the grip angle. I loved it. Felt like it was already mine.

My only concern is that the worker told me that it is not a very good carry gun and that I should look at a Glock 26 for its smaller size. Do any of you carry a glock 30sf and if so, is it a pain? I was looking at purchasing the split decision holster from high noon to go along with it. They did not rent the 30sf to shoot, but they do rent the 30. I will be shooting it soon.

no pain at all, you will love it.

You should not have any troubles carrying the G30sf at all. I have carried one and it is fine in an IWB or OWB holster. The 26 is definitely a little easier, but the 30 is not bad. Get it, you will love it. It is an incredible .45!
    Paracord Survival Bracelets & Lanyards. Help us raise awareness and $'s for our Wounded Warriors! Visit www.SurvivalStraps.com

You know.........I am a die hard Glock fan. I had the G21 and the G30. Both of them were awesome shooters, but the G21 was too large for me to consider carry, and the G30 just didn't fit into the picture right either for the muzzle heft or the grip bulk. I really wish now that Glock would have had the SF options back when I decided my faith in the 45acp would never be compromised. I don't own any pistols that I won't use for CC. No 'range guns', no specific house guns, no 'safe queens' here. I moved on to a SIG full size P220 for my 45acp favorite, and a small lack in the capacity department, but it actually works better for me than either of the older Glock 45acp models. You guys have more and better choices on that now. The G21 has a nice capacity, and the G30 is a bit muzzle heavy in a small package and still has a more than adequate mag capacity IMO, especially for a compact pistol. I'm confident you'll find the right thing and be more than happy with it. Good luck.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; August 13th, 2008 at 10:10 PM.

kpw
    If you like the way it feels, you'll love the way it shoots. I still carry my 19 most of the time because I'm so used to it and I have a lot of gear for it. My 30 is more accurate, shoots almost as fast and feels great. It'd be real hard to choose between the two if I had to.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    If you think that the 30 might be too thick to conceal, check out the 36. I have both, love both, but carry the 36 24/7.

Freedomofchoice - There are a few guys over on another forum who are putting their G36 slide on the G30 frame. They are raving about the setup. Have you ever tried this? Some find the G30 to thick to carry. This apparently solves that problem.
    Paracord Survival Bracelets & Lanyards. Help us raise awareness and $'s for our Wounded Warriors! Visit www.SurvivalStraps.com

VIP Member
    Welcome aboard pepsico!

I used to carry a G-23 IWB and found it to be very easy in a VM-II so the G-30 ought to be even easier.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thanks to all who have replied. Resorted my confidence in getting this G30SF I purchased a MTAC holster IWB online to have ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsico View Post
    Thanks to all who have replied. Resorted my confidence in getting this G30SF I purchased a MTAC holster IWB online to have ready for it.
    You'll do well with that outfit, I almost guarantee it.

Welcome, and a very good post. I'm looking for something to compliment my Glock 27. I'll have to look into this.
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    kurtiss:
    I'm aware that it is possible to place the 36 slide on the 30 frame. I just haven't experimented with it yet.

I found the G30 sf nearby for a price of 579 with night sites. I am going to do it!

Looks like you'll have a winner Pepsico!

And Welcome Aboard!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

gun-tests had a nice write up in it. It graded out as an A-, they did mention it was a bit thick but its surprisingly light and high capacity.
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links