Seecamps?

This is a discussion on Seecamps? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking at a Seecamp .32acp. Not looking to compare it to anything else. I want it for when it's better than a sharp #2 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seecamps?

Seecamps?

I'm looking at a Seecamp .32acp. Not looking to compare it to anything else. I want it for when it's better than a sharp #2 pencil. Is the quality good? Can someone here compare it to a common household product for size? Who makes the best pocket holster for it?

Thanks, Tom.

2. Remove Ads

I dont know anything about them now, but my dad was telling me the other night when we got into a discussion about the expensive Rhorbaugh and he was telling me that the Seecamp when it first came out had a one year backorder on it. Has anyone else heard about this? I'd like to see the gun that he was talking about if anyone knows.
    Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm
    Beretta 92FS 9mm
    Browning Buckmark 22LR
    Ruger Mark III Dexlue Competition Model 22LR.
    1911 Soon.

I got a basically NIB Seecamp 32 with 3 factory mags for about $400ish. I cnat remember exact price. It is an awesome little gun. I can't carry it per my departments general oders, but thats fine because my wife has claimed it. It shoots well, recoil is light and is suprizingly accurate.

It is a pain to field strip, but I have rigged up a little tool to help me. The action felt a little gritty. I used gun grease to lube the slide and it now cycles very smooth.

I dont have anything that is really the same size. It hides in the palm of my hand. About the size of my wallet when its empty and thin. It is shorter than the Kel-Tec, but mildly wider.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Here's a pic of the seecamp and a Dollar. The other gun is a Walther. If you go over to the Seecamp web forum you'll find a topic devoted to holsters. I carry mine in a R J Hedley, but he is not full time anymore. Great gun, great service and considerably better than a #2.
    http://www.seecamp.com/cgi-bin/yabb2...board=holsters

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Here's a pic of the seecamp and a Dollar. The other gun is a Walther. If you go over to the Seecamp web forum you'll find a topic devoted to holsters. I carry mine in a R J Hedley, but he is not full time anymore. Great gun, great service and considerably better than a #2.
    I have a bunch of 5 dollar bills I'll trade you one for one for your "dollars".

The Seecamps are decent little guns with a strong following.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The best are RJ Hedley and Del Fatti. Both are hard to come by though........every now and then one of Matt's pops up on his website as an "in stock item" so it's worth checking in.

Go over to the Seecamp forum though and you'll find a couple of forum members that make great pocket holsters......there's a "Holster" section on the forum. Hidden holsters and Robert Mecco come to mind off the top of my head. Good products, quick to ship and reasonable prices.

BTW, you'll absolutely love that little Seecamp!

Here's a photo for size comparison......

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

I prefer the NAA Guardian over the Seecamp but since you are dead set on the Seecamp I won't go into my reasoning. The 32 are much more available than the 380's and as far as holsters go I receommed the Nemisis, you want a leather retention holster when you carry OWB or Iwb, but for pocket carry I don't want that retention, the Nemisis has always stayed in the pocket where it should , I can't say the same for my Ron Graham leater pocket holster that cost me 4 times what the Nemisis did, Live and learn!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Don't have my LWS .380 yet (due here in November) but I did get a Del Fatti PH-3. It's the same one as in this pic:
    http://www.delfatti.com/photos/photos/189.jpg

Since I read that there is a long wait, I ordered it around the same time that I ordered my Seecamp (12/07). I had it within 4 months. I think the wait is much longer now though. It's a VERY well made holster and the customer service is top notch. They're pricey, especially in an exotic skin, but well worth it IMO.

The current lead time for the .32 is 3-4 months (they have recently moved to a larger facility). Put one in your hand, and you immediately feel the quality. I don't know of another manufacturer that you can call the owner directly and discuss any problems with your pistol.

Calibers aside, you can not beat this gun. Everyone I shoot with compliments the little gem. As mentioned there is a wealth of information on their website. As here, a bunch of fine folks!

David

When the Seecamp first hit the streets, lead times WERE at least one year. Alot of hand work on the originals. When NAA came out with their .32, a lot of potential Seecamp buyers went to the cheaper firearm.

There's been some feeding problems if you try to feed it anything but Silvertips, but all and all, I'm very happy with mine. I was looking at the .380, but opted for a new S&W M&P340 at 13oz.

Never had a feeding problem with Federal nor Hornady in mine. The key is that the ammo has to be consistent and made to SAMI spec. Some manufacturers have not held spec from time to time.The Magazine is designed to shoot Hollow point at proper spec. It needs consistent spec ammo. thats all it really needs. I have had no single incident of FTF or FTE with mine. And its never seen any Silver Tip. I do stick to the two it likes. And Hornady is my favorite for it. Best penetration and best expansion from what I have seen.

I see Seecamp LWS32's for sale all the time. NIB and used. Never locally though. So you have to hunt. I ran into mine, LNIB with two mags for $319. My point here is that there is no real need to go on a list. They come up for sale from dealers that order them in batches and if your watching you will find one within a month. Even the .380.

I also have a recently purchased NAA Guardian in .380. Bigger and heavier but I do like it. I would, I am sure I would also like the smaller, lighter Seecamp version of .380 but its not in the cards money wise right now. But I do like this gun too. It is heavy but it carries nicely too.

I currently had the Seecamp in a PCS holster (the gun is now on loan to my DIL). I like this holster very much but his quality can be spotty I have seen. This one is superb though I have to say. She is carrying it in a small purpose built Fanny pack style holster.

Seecamp @ Milt Sparks

Have one of each Won't leave house with out them gun and holster just disappear in about any pants that I wear. In my opinion quality is second to none.

I've not seen the Seecamp. How does it compare to the Kel-Tec P3AT or the 32? I'm looking for a pocket gun to carry when the Kimber isn't an option.

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    The best are RJ Hedley and Del Fatti. Both are hard to come by though........every now and then one of Matt's pops up on his website as an "in stock item" so it's worth checking in.

Go over to the Seecamp forum though and you'll find a couple of forum members that make great pocket holsters......there's a "Holster" section on the forum. Hidden holsters and Robert Mecco come to mind off the top of my head. Good products, quick to ship and reasonable prices.

BTW, you'll absolutely love that little Seecamp!

Here's a photo for size comparison......

Now that makes sense, I carry a Razor. Is the trigger decent, or does it feel like a staplegun?

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    I prefer the NAA Guardian over the Seecamp but since you are dead set on the Seecamp I won't go into my reasoning. The 32 are much more available than the 380's and as far as holsters go I receommed the Nemisis, you want a leather retention holster when you carry OWB or Iwb, but for pocket carry I don't want that retention, the Nemisis has always stayed in the pocket where it should , I can't say the same for my Ron Graham leater pocket holster that cost me 4 times what the Nemisis did, Live and learn!!

NCH
    I tried my brother's PM9 in a High Noon pocket holster. In a front pocket of dress slacks, it looks like a wallet, but flops around like a small anvil. With the loose dress slack pockets, the holster always stuck to the pistol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links