Kimber 1911's

This is a discussion on Kimber 1911's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently read in a 1911 forum that Kimber has talked recently about dropping their price after to show loyalty to their customers, b/c many ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kimber 1911's

Kimber 1911's

I recently read in a 1911 forum that Kimber has talked recently about dropping their price after to show loyalty to their customers, b/c many 1911 fans have developed the rumor that Kimbers are unreliable. I'm not trying to offend anyone!! I was just curious if anyone had heard of this or had some input. I don't own a Kimber, but had always thought for the price why not go w/ Springfield, I just like them personally. The guy in the forum went on to say they were waiting for the release of the SIS to inform the public of this.
    Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm
    Beretta 92FS 9mm
    Browning Buckmark 22LR
    Ruger Mark III Dexlue Competition Model 22LR.
    1911 Soon.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Just my personal opinion that Kimber should not lower their price.
    What Kimber really should do is keep their price the same and put THAT extra money into switching/changing the fabrication method of some of their critical component parts.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    What Kimber really should do is keep their price the same and put THAT extra money into switching/changing the fabrication method of some of their critical component parts.
    Smartest post of the week!
    +1
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

I totally agree with you 110%.
    Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm
    Beretta 92FS 9mm
    Browning Buckmark 22LR
    Ruger Mark III Dexlue Competition Model 22LR.
    1911 Soon.

I bought another Kimber this summer...that rumor isn't true...yet!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I have already seen the SIS in the store.........prices were the same.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Precisely!

I don't have a problem paying a little more for a gun that does what it's supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I bought another Kimber this summer...that rumor isn't true...yet!
    My Pro Carry II had problems loading and feeding right out of the box.

However, I must say that Kimber's customer service department was great. I sent my gun to them and got it back exactly one week later. They had to adjust the extractor and polish the ramp. It has worked perfectly since then and they sent me a few magazines and a handful of recoil springs for my inconvenience.

Over-priced and under-reliable.

Senior Moderator
    The SIS has been out for awhile (haven't sold a single one, but we have 'em) and as an employee of a gun shop we usually hear about promotions and get information in the mail regarding promotions at least a week or so before they start.

We haven't gotten a THING from Kimber in regards to a lowering of their prices or anything similar and I'm pretty sure we would have if it were true.

JD
    Administrator
    IIRC the SIS has been out for close to a year, the first time I saw one was October of last year. If they were waiting on the release of the SIS to lower prices, they're running just a little bit behind.

I realize the OP was not flaming Kimber, and this isn't aimed at anyone specific, but I find it amazing how people manage to discuss Kimber's need for QC improvements when they've never fired one, much less had an issue that required the use of Kimber's customer services...

I have two of them, both of which have never had a single failure (sans my moronic lack of reloading skills, which resulted in a couple bullets made with no powder-duh). I have friends that own Kimbers also, and I can't recall them ever complaining about an issue they've had. I KNOW none of the ones I know have gone back to the factory with theirs, or had to go to the gunsmith. When I first got mine, it seemed the internet was inundated with negative Kimber info, and that every pistol they made was destined for the scrap heap. I was terrified to shoot it! Then I actually shot the thing, then again, and now, over a thousand flawless rounds later, I have to think that somehow, somewhere, we might just have been trolled a time or two along the way.

One last thought: Anne. This name seems to have become synonymous with Kimber's poor customer service. Apparently, she closely resembles the Billy Goats Gruff in her approach to customer care. I own my own business, and can personally attest to having been flamed badly on the internet because of a few careless moments by my front staff. I think that the old saying about a happy customer telling 2 or 3 people, and an angry customer telling 15-that's true, and may be a huge part of their problems. If they don't care to fix them, then let them suffer for it.

I'd guess that the discounted prices thing is another internet joke, but that's just my thoughts....

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Slabsides45 View Post
    ...I find it amazing how people manage to discuss Kimber's need for QC improvements when they've never fired one, much less had an issue that required the use of Kimber's customer services...

That's funny.

Total of four Kimbers, 3 CDPs, all but one gun needed work, 2 out 3 needed major work.

Quote Originally Posted by Slabsides45 View Post
    I realize the OP was not flaming Kimber, and this isn't aimed at anyone specific, but I find it amazing how people manage to discuss Kimber's need for QC improvements when they've never fired one, much less had an issue that required the use of Kimber's customer services...
    As I said, I had a problem when I first got mine. They said to go through the break-in period of 800 rounds and change the recoil spring. I did all of that and when it didn't change they had me send it to them. Their customer service people couldn't have been more helpful, they had it back to me in a week and sent me some extra magazines and springs for my trouble.

Administrator
    I've been impressed with Kimber QS, I've used them only once personally, but several times for customers.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links