Different Triggers

This is a discussion on Different Triggers within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I shoot my Sigma and Beretta 92 as well as my Buckmark and Mark III everytime I go out. I also shoot my dads 1911's ...

Thread: Different Triggers

Different Triggers

I shoot my Sigma and Beretta 92 as well as my Buckmark and Mark III everytime I go out. I also shoot my dads 1911's and .357 revolvers. Typically between the Sigma and the Beretta 92 I notice a big difference in triggers and it takes me several clips to get in the rhythm of shooting. I know the 92 is SA/DA and the Sigma is DAO only, but does anyone else ever run into this. My dad claims this is his reason for never owning anything but highpowers, 1911's and revolvers. I on the other hand love 1911's, high powers, Berettas and revolvers and wanted to get into glocks, but after my performance between the Sigma and 92 i'm not so sure if I want to. I know the Sigma has a bad rap for its trigger, but mine is polished, has a hogue grip sleeve now (I LIKE) and the triggers is well broken in. I just wondered if you glock guys ever go out and shoot 1911's and if the 1911 guys ever shoot glocks or if you stick w/ your bread and butter.
    Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm
    Beretta 92FS 9mm
    Browning Buckmark 22LR
    Ruger Mark III Dexlue Competition Model 22LR.
    1911 Soon.

2. Remove Ads

Don't own a Glock, but that is the beauty of their guns, you can buy 100 combinations of calibers and sizes and still be completely confortable from one to the next. I've personally never been bothered by switching between different types of guns at the range, but on the other hand I know several people who can never get used to certain types. Sounds like you might be somewhere in between?

I shoot a lot of different firearms and put enough ammo through them to be froficient with each one,but sometimes it takes a couple shots to get the trigger down for bullseye shooting but in a SD type shoot I can put multiple hits com from any gun no problem
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm totally Glock. Well, I do have one SIG....but it's SAO! No trigger issues here.

Yea as far as doing trills 2+1 and double taps as well as movement I'm accurate w/ all the above. I was making a reference to bullseye shooting.
    Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm
    Beretta 92FS 9mm
    Browning Buckmark 22LR
    Ruger Mark III Dexlue Competition Model 22LR.
    1911 Soon.

I stick with my 1911'S. I do have many other autos and revo's but I rarely shoot them anymore just for the mentioned reason. I do not wanna confuse my hand/mind with different grip angles, trigger pulls, etc.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Practice, practice, practice!!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I shoot other guns almost every time I go out (usually AKs and a MkIII) but I always finish with my carry gun (glock). I also dry-fire quite a bit. Honestly, I have more "comfort" issues with the others because the Glock's reset is so ingrained.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Riggs View Post
    I shoot my Sigma and Beretta 92 as well as my Buckmark and Mark III everytime I go out. I also shoot my dads 1911's and .357 revolvers. Typically between the Sigma and the Beretta 92 I notice a big difference in triggers and it takes me several clips to get in the rhythm of shooting. I know the 92 is SA/DA and the Sigma is DAO only, but does anyone else ever run into this. My dad claims this is his reason for never owning anything but highpowers, 1911's and revolvers. I on the other hand love 1911's, high powers, Berettas and revolvers and wanted to get into glocks, but after my performance between the Sigma and 92 i'm not so sure if I want to. I know the Sigma has a bad rap for its trigger, but mine is polished, has a hogue grip sleeve now (I LIKE) and the triggers is well broken in. I just wondered if you glock guys ever go out and shoot 1911's and if the 1911 guys ever shoot glocks or if you stick w/ your bread and butter.

You didn't use a capital letter in spelling Glock..... I own several Glocks and a couple of 1911's. I like the triggers on the 1911 better when shooting for accuracy.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Links