PX4 Storm Subcompact

This is a discussion on PX4 Storm Subcompact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone out there that has used the new PX4 Sub in 9mm.? I am interested in the felt recoil as compared to a .38 special ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PX4 Storm Subcompact

PX4 Storm Subcompact

Anyone out there that has used the new PX4 Sub in 9mm.?

I am interested in the felt recoil as compared to a .38 special snubbie..

2. Remove Ads

I don't think Beretta is even delivering these yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Have you looked at the Stoeger Cougar? This is the same pistol as the Beretta Cougar, they sold Stoeger the machines and know how how to manufacture them. The Cougar wasn't successful for Beretta, I believe because of the cost. Stoeger is able to manufacture the same exact weapon to Beretta's specs at far less, around the 4300-$350 range. I want one in 9mm ans .40 cal. From what I hear the new Storm line is based off the Cougar but I haven't seen one yet to confirm this. I believe the Stoeger Cougars are one of the best values to be had today.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

It is on the market. My wife likes the looks of it and fromthe reviews it seems to be up to Beretta's standards.

She is interested in the recoil factor. No problem with most .38 special loads out of snubbies, but 9's tend to be real snappy.
    Attached Images

" Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Nope... they are not out there that I've been able to find .... not yet. Most people are guessing next Spring before you are really seeing them....

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Nope... they are not out there that I've been able to find .... not yet. Most people are guessing next Spring before you are really seeing them....
    They are out there.

Beretta PX-4 Sub-Compact - Mine, mine, mine!! - THR
    Yo Macklin, great party, but no whiskey. We go home now.

I may stand "corrected"... I just went out and found that there are some places showing some advertising for them now (new in the last week or so) ... don't know yet if it's an "order" basis, or they really have one "on-hand"... but I'm checking to see. Hey.. this is an improvement.

I picked one up a few days ago.

Can you say.... SWEET.....? LOL

I really like this, but it is really more like a compact then a subcompact.

I have not been to the range yet. Plan to go Tuesday to see what she will do!

I can't find a holster for it!

Best
    Ray

Mongoose,

Can't wait for your post on how it shoots .

Bosco

How does it compare, in size and capacity, with a Baby Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Have you looked at the Stoeger Cougar? This is the same pistol as the Beretta Cougar, they sold Stoeger the machines and know how how to manufacture them. The Cougar wasn't successful for Beretta, I believe because of the cost. Stoeger is able to manufacture the same exact weapon to Beretta's specs at far less, around the 4300-$350 range. I want one in 9mm ans .40 cal. From what I hear the new Storm line is based off the Cougar but I haven't seen one yet to confirm this. I believe the Stoeger Cougars are one of the best values to be had today.

NCH
    Fairly accurate based on what I have read. Story I read was like the PX4 Storm compact Beretta promoted the gun long before delivery and like the PX4 Storm compact it took a lot longer to deliver than they anticipated . So interest waned and in the mean time they in effect got Glocked. As interest in tupperware guns was exploding by the time the Cougar an all steel gun became available. Costing twice as much as plastic. Beretta than of course adapted the rotating barrel design to tupperware resulting in the PX4 Storm. As you said, for the Cougar they shipped all the machinery to their Stoeger factory in Turkey (Stoeger is owned by Beretta) along with all the Cougar project supervisors to assure that they made the exact same gun in Turkey as they had in Italy. The Cougar is smaller than the PX4 Storm but I do not know how it compares to the PX4 Storm compact yet. There is a Cougar mini if you can find one. From what I have read the PX4 Storm compact does not have the rotating barrel that both the Cougar and PX4 Storm have. The rotating barrel is one of the main things that sparked my interest in the gun in the first place, because it is supposed to account for a dramatic increase in accuracy, reliability, durability and some recoil reduction. The Cougar's lifetime warranty is backed by Beretta USA. My plan is to get one as soon as I make the drive two towns over to East County Guns. Already have a holster ordered for it from K&D Holsters, the number one premier custom holster maker IMO. East County Guns BTW is a great shop worth checking out if you are in the market for a gun or excellent cigar
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    I picked one up a few days ago.

Can you say.... SWEET.....? LOL

I really like this, but it is really more like a compact then a subcompact.

I have not been to the range yet. Plan to go Tuesday to see what she will do!

I can't find a holster for it!

Best
    Ray
    I can still not find any available... anywhere. So, it seems to still be a "by chance" market. Try a holster for a Cougar 8000.... betting it will work, although depending on what type you get it might be a little longer than needed.

I finally got my PX4sc yesterday after a long wait. This afternoon I took it to the range for a shakedown cruise. I'm happy to report that I put 200 rounds of assorted ammo thru it and it was 100% reliable, which is typical for a Beretta. The pistols recoil is a little snappier then the full size versions but still very comfortable.
    50 rounds Winchester White Box 124 gr fmj.... Very mild and a good practice round.
    50 rounds Speer Gold Dot 124 gr hp.... Very good accuracy and a little more oumph in the recoil.
    50 rounds Federal HST 147 gr hp..... even better accuracy and comfortable recoil, a little less than the Gold Dots
    50 rounds Winchester Black Talon (now called Ranger T) 147gr hp...
    extremely accurate and my favorite load so far.
    My particular pistol seems to like the 147 gr loads the best.
    The fit and finish of the pistol was every bit as good as the Italian made guns and all in all it was worth the wait. For you guys who like PX4s you're going to love the SC.
    This 1'st range session wasn't for serious accuracy testing that will be for my next outing, I just wanted to see how it ran (flawless) and what bullet weight it preffered. The head shots were with the 147gr Winchester and Speer loads at 15 yards. The center mass shots were done very rapidly to see if I could stay on target and the pistol did not let me down, followup shots were easy.
    Attached Images

Thanks for the excellent review. Looking forward to your accuracy review. Does your PX4 have a tilt barrel or rotating barrel design? My understanding is that it was not going to have the rotating barrel design of the PX Storm or Cougar but I have never seen confirmation of that

Quote Originally Posted by mag318 View Post
    50 rounds Federal HST 147 gr hp..... even better accuracy and comfortable recoil, a little less than the Gold Dots
    50 rounds Winchester Black Talon (now called Ranger T) 147gr hp...
    extremely accurate and my favorite load so far.
    Unless you find that the Rangers are dramatically more accurate than the HST I would suggest you do a search here and look at some of the HST & Ranger threads. Lots of evidence from tests done at LEO facilities that the Rangers terminal performance is not what it is cracked up to be. HST has proven to be a far superior round with consistent penetration and expansion no matter what it is shot through or into. Below are two threads on the topic there are others or if you need more links let me know

Winchester Ranger ammo?
    Federal HST vs, Hydra-Shock pics - .40s&w

BTW congrats may you and your PX4 sc have a long happy relationship
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links