Defensive Carry banner

Question for G26 owners

3K views 34 replies 24 participants last post by  Squawker 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about getting either a G26, G23, or G19. What kind of accuracy are you getting with a G26?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
You will be amazed at how accurate that little guy is. My home range starts with targets @ 11 yds. and off a sandbag, it's not hard to shoot one ragged hole from a 26 at that distance.
Personally though, consider what you want it for. Is it for carry, home defense or just for trips to the range? If it's just for trips to the range with maybe an occasional carry, I'd say go for the 19. For self defense, I'd rather have a .40 or .45 caliber; therefore I'd go with either a G27, G23, or a G30, G36.
I own all the above mentioned guns, but I carry the G36 24/7. Good luck with your search.
FWIW: the recoil on the .45 is actually a little less than that of the two 40 calibers.

My favorite Glocks:

#9 ·
I can conceal the G19 almost as well as my G27. I love the 40S&W and I also have a G22. I have a G17 and the G19, so I've hit all around the G26 and the G23. The G19 is an awesome shooter, and just think about the cost of practice ammo down the road. For a range/HD/carry option, I'd personally go for the larger capacity, accessory rail, longer sight radius, and better balance of the G19 or G23. For a carry only option I'd opt for the G26 possibly. Accuracy at 25 yards shouldn't rank highly on the priority list for a personal defense pistol, and the shorter barrel wouldn't be a consequence in most defensive situations. If you feel there would be shortcomings, then use the +P in 9mm or whatever is currently recommended for the short barrel use.

#10 ·
All the models are capable of very good combat/SD accuracy. I have and shoot all of them. You just have to focus more when shooting the smaller frame guns. It's more of a function of YOU, not the gun. Go to a rental range and try them. See what fits you and what you are comfortable with. Then make the choice of what you shoot best. They are all good to go as a S/D tool with the proper ammo. You have to be comfortable with the weapon and trust it and yourself. You have to make that decision.

#13 ·
Very true....and that's the way it is.

#12 ·
I have, in the past, out shot people using Sigs, 1911's and other full sized glocks in a couple of IDPA matches. 26's are wicked accurate for so small of a gun.

I actually plan to start using it, and my 19, for IDPA again after the coming state match.

#14 ·
First time shooting my Glock 26 I was utterly impressed... at the time I brought both the Glock 19 and 26 to the range and shoot the Glock 19 first, and did very well - nice grouping... then I shoot the Glock 26 and was shooting a grouping at about 21 feet of just an inch larger than my Glock 19.

Now I can shoot grouping with my Glock 26 as small as my Glock 19. I like carrying any of my Glocks, but lately I'm finding myself carrying the Glock 26 more than their older bigger twin brothers.

#15 ·
I shoot my G26 better than my G19 at 10 yards. I left the range with my mouth hanging open, and scratching my head LOL!

#22 ·
I have and carry a Glock 26 every day. I love it. I was debating between the 26 and 19 and I'm 100% happy I went with the 26, even though the 19 is just a tad larger than the 26 it would still be too large for me to comfortably carry everyday without excessive printing.

In short, yes, the Glock 26 is CRAZY accurate.

#23 ·
I own and carry a G27--same model/different caliber. I was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy. I know a guy who shoots one in USPSA (no kidding)--while doesn't win any matches, he IS one of the more accurate shooters (points-wise) in the group.

You won't be disappointed--I believe a 26 will keep up with a 19.

Dan

#25 ·
I have the G17, G19 and G26.

For range practice and home defense the G17 is outstanding. For carry you would be hard press to beat the little G26.

As others have said for Self Defense accuracy the G26 is surprisingly good.

The last time I went to the police range, I fired several hundred rounds with the G26 and at the end as a drill took the standard LEO qualifying test, and I had no problem passing it with it.

Some people will say the 9 mm is only fair for self defense. Well, I look at it differently, I would prefer a 9 mm that I can fire multi times quickly than I would a 10 mm magnum that due to recoil I can only fire once ever two seconds.

Sure there are the 40's, and 45's and some citizens can fire them multi times on target, but for me I’m happy with the 9 mm.

#27 ·
Well, I have a friends G23 and G27 here at the house to shoot tomorrow. I set them down on the table along with my M&P 40C and picked an item to aim at. I picked up one at a time to see which one I had the best point of aim with. All I can say is wow! I had never handled a Glock before and my POA is a lot more natural and right on with the Glock. On the M&P I have always have to hunt for the front sight and "porpused" a little bit but with the Glock it is right there and on target both with the 23 and 27. I also noticed with the M&P when dry firing that my sight jumps a little and with the Glock, it doesn't move when squeezing the trigger. I need to add that I have spent a lot of time and rounds working on finger placement on the M&P trigger. I can't wait to shoot the Glocks tomorrow. With the natural POA and trigger break being cleaner, I will more then likely be buying a G26 soon. I feel dumb for not checking out the Glocks sooner.

#28 ·
I have the 26, and the 36...either would be more accurate than you are.:yup::blink::confused::image035:...can't go wrong with a Glock. OMO

#29 · (Edited)
to help solve your dilemma....get a 26 and a 19 :image035:
26 for CC, 19 for range, home/travel (sounds good anyway)

I have a 26, wife's CC piece but I shoot it fairly often to stay poficient with it
last month I was shooting bowling pins at about 80 yards with it, I think thats plenty accurate
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the 26, if the grip seems a little small (no room for the pinky to wrap around) get a Pierce grip extension, works wonders
I'm getting another 26 to use exclusively as my duty backup

#30 ·
I have the 26 and am able to shoot it a little better than my dad's 1st gen 19. If I shot the 19 frequently, I think I'd be able to shoot it a little better, but not much - the 26 is still plenty consistent and accurate.

However, when shooting defensive ammunition, the 26's muzzle flip is more pronounced (still not a lot, since it's 9mm, but enough that I notice it).

For appendix carry with my body & clothing, I feel the 19 would carry better; for 4 o'clock, the 26's grip has a slight edge. Irregardless of carry position, I prefer a taller grip than the 26's for a more consistent fast draw under less-than-perfect circumstances.

#32 ·
I ordered a G26 today. Can't wait until it comes in. Now it is time to accessorize!!!
Accessorize.........you, or the pistol? Not much should be done to a Glock for carry. What comes first? Looks or life?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.