Question for G26 owners

Question for G26 owners

This is a discussion on Question for G26 owners within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking about getting either a G26, G23, or G19. What kind of accuracy are you getting with a G26? Thanks in advance...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for G26 owners

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar

Question for G26 owners

I'm thinking about getting either a G26, G23, or G19. What kind of accuracy are you getting with a G26?

Thanks in advance

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    You will be amazed at how accurate that little guy is. My home range starts with targets @ 11 yds. and off a sandbag, it's not hard to shoot one ragged hole from a 26 at that distance.
    Personally though, consider what you want it for. Is it for carry, home defense or just for trips to the range? If it's just for trips to the range with maybe an occasional carry, I'd say go for the 19. For self defense, I'd rather have a .40 or .45 caliber; therefore I'd go with either a G27, G23, or a G30, G36.
    I own all the above mentioned guns, but I carry the G36 24/7. Good luck with your search.
    FWIW: the recoil on the .45 is actually a little less than that of the two 40 calibers.

My favorite Glocks:

I get great accuracy at defensive distances with my G26. I have all the models you listed and they all provide me with great accuracy.

Administrator
    The G26 is capable of delivering outstanding combat accuracy, the better question is; are you?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The G26 is capable of delivering outstanding combat accuracy, the better question is; are you?
    I'm working on that and not a consistent ragged hole shooter yet. I was wondering about the 26 because of the shorter barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    You will be amazed at how accurate that little guy is. My home range starts with targets @ 11 yds. and off a sandbag, it's not hard to shoot one ragged hole from a 26 at that distance.
    Personally though, consider what you want it for. Is it for carry, home defense or just for trips to the range? If it's just for trips to the range with maybe an occasional carry, I'd say go for the 19. For self defense, I'd rather have a .40 or .45 caliber; therefore I'd go with either a G27, G23, or a G30, G36.
    I own all the above mentioned guns, but I carry the G36 24/7. Good luck with your search.
    FWIW: the recoil on the .45 is actually a little less than that of the two 40 calibers.

My favorite Glocks:

I'm considering it for primary carry, home defense, and the range. I personally like the 40 S&W cartridge and this weekend I'm going to shoot a 23 to see how I like it. Thanks for your input.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    I'm considering it for primary carry, home defense, and the range. I personally like the 40 S&W cartridge and this weekend I'm going to shoot a 23 to see how I like it. Thanks for your input.
    If thats the case, I'd strongly suggest the G19 over the 26. Its only slightly larger, but gives you a lot more options and its much easier to shoot. Certainly try out a G23, its a great gun, but I think you will find the 19 to be superior.

No matter, the G26 is an excellent choice for just about anybody.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If thats the case, I'd strongly suggest the G19 over the 26. Its only slightly larger, but gives you a lot more options and its much easier to shoot. Certainly try out a G23, its a great gun, but I think you will find the 19 to be superior.

No matter, the G26 is an excellent choice for just about anybody.
    Good advise! Thanks SIXTO!

I can conceal the G19 almost as well as my G27. I love the 40S&W and I also have a G22. I have a G17 and the G19, so I've hit all around the G26 and the G23. The G19 is an awesome shooter, and just think about the cost of practice ammo down the road. For a range/HD/carry option, I'd personally go for the larger capacity, accessory rail, longer sight radius, and better balance of the G19 or G23. For a carry only option I'd opt for the G26 possibly. Accuracy at 25 yards shouldn't rank highly on the priority list for a personal defense pistol, and the shorter barrel wouldn't be a consequence in most defensive situations. If you feel there would be shortcomings, then use the +P in 9mm or whatever is currently recommended for the short barrel use.

All the models are capable of very good combat/SD accuracy. I have and shoot all of them. You just have to focus more when shooting the smaller frame guns. It's more of a function of YOU, not the gun. Go to a rental range and try them. See what fits you and what you are comfortable with. Then make the choice of what you shoot best. They are all good to go as a S/D tool with the proper ammo. You have to be comfortable with the weapon and trust it and yourself. You have to make that decision.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Glocks are very accurate, it all depends on who is lining up the sights and pulling the trigger. Smaller guns take a bit more skill, which will come with practice.

I have, in the past, out shot people using Sigs, 1911's and other full sized glocks in a couple of IDPA matches. 26's are wicked accurate for so small of a gun.

I actually plan to start using it, and my 19, for IDPA again after the coming state match.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Glocks are very accurate, it all depends on who is lining up the sights and pulling the trigger. Smaller guns take a bit more skill, which will come with practice.
    Very true....and that's the way it is.

First time shooting my Glock 26 I was utterly impressed... at the time I brought both the Glock 19 and 26 to the range and shoot the Glock 19 first, and did very well - nice grouping... then I shoot the Glock 26 and was shooting a grouping at about 21 feet of just an inch larger than my Glock 19.

Now I can shoot grouping with my Glock 26 as small as my Glock 19. I like carrying any of my Glocks, but lately I'm finding myself carrying the Glock 26 more than their older bigger twin brothers.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I shoot my G26 better than my G19 at 10 yards. I left the range with my mouth hanging open, and scratching my head LOL!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links