kel-tec p11

kel-tec p11

This is a discussion on kel-tec p11 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; im looking at a 2tone p11 its used and 190+tax comes with a holster and an extra mag is this a decent deal??...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kel-tec p11

kel-tec p11

im looking at a 2tone p11 its used and 190+tax comes with a holster and an extra mag is this a decent deal??

You can't beat cheap. The trigger sucks, make sure the extractor has been replaced, and do a fluff and buff.

They aren't too much more than that new, but it seems decent enough.
    OD G19 || G26 || OD KT P3AT

are there problems with the extractors?

I have a p11 runs any ammo i shove in it flawlessly,they aren't range guns after about 3 mags of ammo your hands been punished enough,i did put a rubber sleeve grip on mine to try to tame it a little but not much difference,at 10 yards i can put all 11 rounds inthe 9 and 10 rings.For 190.00 thats a great price,never dry fire it without a snap cap,I did send mine in with trigger reset issues it was an early model they fixed it and sent it back within 2 weeks,only cost me shipping 1 way and i was the second owner
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

this will be a bug and occasional cc only gun, when my oc M&P 40 isnt a good idea

Gave $259 for mine new, extra mag $20 plus shipping. Had shopped them heavily and this was a good price, 6 months ago. Also, added a Hogue grip.

Have fired it 500+ rounds with cheap range, WWB, Blazer Brass, Cor-Bon, and Gold Dot. No failures.

Consistantly shoots a group of 3"-4" low and right 2" at 10yds. Partly due to the trigger pull and the shooter.

Yes, it is cheap, ugly, and has a difficult trigger pull, but for the money, hard to beat if you are looking in this price range.

New ones going for around $250-265 around here. Had one for years. Lost count on # of rds through it. Reliable but trigger as said is a challenge. If you learn to shoot it accurately, you will really be able to shoot other pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    are there problems with the extractors?
    Nope, not sure what roffles is talking about.
    I've owned Kel Tec pistols for over five years, the secret to owning a good one is.. clean it often, lube wet, and get a lot of practice. after a few hundred rounds the trigger smooths out. I think it's amusing when people say how bad the trigger is, I think most have not shot a KT or have never shot a DAO trigger before.

Treat the P11 right, and it will treat you right.

Enjoy.

BTW, great price. :)
    Last edited by rhinokrk; August 20th, 2008 at 11:27 PM. Reason: BTW, Great price :)
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Nope, the trigger on my P-11 sucks, and I have fired about 2,000 rounds through mine. It is still a tank though, but I am not going to win any sharp shooting contests with mine. To answer the original question, yes that is a good price for a gun with a lifetime warranty. Last I checked, you dont have to be the original owner either. Cheers.

Thumbs up

I got a hard chrome P11 few months back...... New here was $299.
    Did the F&B and have 500 rds thru mine and it eats everything except steel cased ammo.
    Nice little gun but I think Im going to sell it and look for a 3953 S&W :)

sounds like a plan i think im gonna get it tomorrow.

i was thinking abotu getting a 1911 from centerfire but i might hold off since i just got my m&p not to long ago

Good price. I would buy it for that price.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinokrk View Post
    Nope, not sure what roffles is talking about.
    I've owned Kel Tec pistols for over five years, the secret to owning a good one is.. clean it often, lube wet, and get a lot of practice. after a few hundred rounds the trigger smooths out. I think it's amusing when people say how bad the trigger is, I think most have not shot a KT or have never shot a DAO trigger before.

Treat the P11 right, and it will treat you right.

Enjoy.

BTW, great price. :)
    I know 2 people with P11's and both of their extractors broke with <500 rounds. It is around on the KT forums as well.
    OD G19 || G26 || OD KT P3AT

Quote Originally Posted by roffles View Post
    I know 2 people with P11's and both of their extractors broke with <500 rounds. It is around on the KT forums as well.
    That's unusual, I've been on KT forums for years and have only heard of that A handful of times. I just did a search on KTOG for the last year, there were 3 threads 2 about broken ejectors where the gun functioned fine other than hand cycling. 1 had a high round count and it was the spiring that failed.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Decent deal, good luck. Keltecs are carry guns, not meant to be target guns or every day shooters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links