Rossi 461 for CC?

Rossi 461 for CC?

This is a discussion on Rossi 461 for CC? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Rossi 461, and I'm debating if I wanna use it for cc. Does anyone else have this gun and uses it for ...

Thread: Rossi 461 for CC?

Question Rossi 461 for CC?

I have a Rossi 461, and I'm debating if I wanna use it for cc. Does anyone else have this gun and uses it for cc? If so, how well does it work for that?

And does anyone know where I could get it parkerized (I think I spelled that right ) and a ballpark of how much it'd cost?
    "It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you." -Quote from Batman Begins

Psalms 55:22 -"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall."

Administrator
    I think it would work well for a CCW, but I would caution you about parkerizing... there are much better finishes out there that are more resistant to sweat and other stuff a carry gun is exposed to on a daily basis.
    Something like Duracoat would probably be cheaper and better... you can even do it yourself if you want to.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I think it would work well for a CCW, but I would caution you about parkerizing... there are much better finishes out there that are more resistant to sweat and other stuff a carry gun is exposed to on a daily basis.
    Something like Duracoat would probably be cheaper and better... you can even do it yourself if you want to.
    I went to the Duracoat website, and they had another product on there called DuraBake. In you opinion, which would be better if I were to get one?
    "It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you." -Quote from Batman Begins

Psalms 55:22 -"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall."

Administrator
    If you can have it done by a pro, do it that way for sure. I think the Duracoat is the better product, but a lot of people have had great results with the bake as well.

Where is Martinsville? I know a guy on the OH/IN border who does nice work for reasonable prices.... he has a website, I'll try to find it for you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If you can have it done by a pro, do it that way for sure. I think the Duracoat is the better product, but a lot of people have had great results with the bake as well.

Where is Martinsville? I know a guy on the OH/IN border who does nice work for reasonable prices.... he has a website, I'll try to find it for you.
    Thanks. Martinsville is between Bloomington and Greenwood if that helps you any.

love my 461 and carry it often

I often carried mine(that I have since sold to a buddy)I used a Desantins Thumb break holster and it worked well.I always like dthe grip,fit my hand great....like a dope I sold it.I always said "great gun for the money"but that really doesn't seem fair....it was a great gun ..period.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

I pocket carry a 462, the stainless version of the 461. Conceals easily in my front pocket. I carry it almost daily during the summer.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Links