What is the trigger pull weight for the keltec PF-9 ?

This is a discussion on What is the trigger pull weight for the keltec PF-9 ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; THe website says 9 lb for the p11, but I dont see a rating fot the PF-9. I would guess its the same, but want ...

Thread: What is the trigger pull weight for the keltec PF-9 ?

What is the trigger pull weight for the keltec PF-9 ?

THe website says 9 lb for the p11, but I dont see a rating fot the PF-9. I would guess its the same, but want to clarify. Also, pf9 owners. Are you happy with the gun? Does it pocket carry well? I was going to buy a PM9, but they are almost a grand now. So i decided to go with the keltec, then get a 3' kimber or Para LDA 45. I know the trigger pull on the pf9 is heavy, but my first semi I bought about 6 years ago was a Sigma9, wiich has about 100 lb pull Also, what do you think the best pocket holster for the PF-9 is?
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    THe website says 9 lb for the p11, but I dont see a rating fot the PF-9. I would guess its the same, but want to clarify. Also, pf9 owners. Are you happy with the gun? Does it pocket carry well? I was going to buy a PM9, but they are almost a grand now. So i decided to go with the keltec, then get a 3' kimber or Para LDA 45. I know the trigger pull on the pf9 is heavy, but my first semi I bought about 6 years ago was a Sigma9, wiich has about 100 lb pull Also, what do you think the best pocket holster for the PF-9 is?
    You need to look at real world price, not just MSRP, and not write off the Kahr so fast. Take a look at Bud's Gun Shop, for one, and you'll see that the real world price difference between a Kahr and a Kel-Tec is about $300.00. IMHO, well worth the difference. Also, to be fair, to get a Kahr to "almost a grand", you're looking at their top of the line model with night sights and blackened slide, features not even available on the Kel-Tec. I own both the PM-9 and the PF-9 and while my only complaint against the PF-9 is that it won't feed Golden Sabers out of the magazine, there really is no comparison in quality.

To your question, I checked my PF-9 with my digital trigger gauge and the average pull is 5 lbs., 12 oz. and I think it's pretty hard to beat a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for the money.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

2 PF9s. Trigger pull much less than P11, maybe around 6lbs. Both been reliable. Pocket carry everyday w/TripleK holster picked up at local gun show. DeSantis makes one that lots of folks like. Carry Gold Dot 124+p at 1120fps. Love them!

Have you checked out a Kahr CW9? It's roughly the same size as a PF9 and has a silky smooth trigger. Well worth the $100 more IMHO. I had a flawless P11, but the CW9 shoots a whole lot better and I think carries better.

The trigger pull isn't the problem, it's the pull LENGTH!! I've got a PF-9 and it seems like you pull all day waiting for the bang. Because of that I tend to anticipate the shot and tend to push my aim. The PF-9 is the worst shooting gun I have. Always low and away. If you can stand the size increase, a Kahr is a much better made gun, and mine shoots like a dream.

I mainly carry the PF9 for one reason. Less weight and the thinnest 9 with the most capacity that I have found. Kahrs may be a better quality gun - but the hefty price on them is more than I wanted to pay. Although I have many guns - I find myself carrying the PF9 the most. No, it is not a fun range gun. No, it is not as accurate as my Glock. But it does quite well at 7-10 yards. It pocket carries ok - but you need dress pants that have extra pocket room. Cargo pants/shorts work the best. I find carrying the PF9 in a good quality owb holster conceals great with a dark T shirt. Price varies by location - but should be able to find NIB in the $300 range plus/minus.

Paid 269 for mine and after shooting it I like it better than I thought I would.

cvhoss... good point about price. I new that that real world was a couple of hundred less than msrp. I see where Kahrs website says their prices went up on Aug 1. If I can get one at my local store for around $600, I will go with the pm9. Would you also recommend the DeSantis Nemesis for the pm9? Snd how do you like that Para Ord Hawg? I like the idea of the LDA trigger. Just wasnt sure about their quality.
    thank you sir......
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Would you also recommend the DeSantis Nemesis for the pm9?
    The DeSantis Nemesis and SuperFly (modified Nemesis) are the only pocket holsters I've used and I highly recommend them. They are inexpensive and they work. I currently have them for 6 different handguns. I have no doubt that the leather holsters may be nice, but I like the flexibility of the nylon inside of my pocket instead of something with hard edges.
    Snd how do you like that Para Ord Hawg? I like the idea of the LDA trigger. Just wasnt sure about their quality.
    thank you sir......
    I really like the Hawg but in all fairness I haven't shot it enough or carried it enough to give any long term assessment of them. Once I changed out the magazine springs on mine to Wolff springs, I've never had a single problem with it. It's very accurate and surprisingly pleasant to shoot. Even my wife and daughter enjoy shooting it. When Kansas passed the CCH law in 2006, the Hawg was the first CC handgun I bought but I was never comfortable carrying a single action handgun for CC, thus the PM-9. Friend of mine bought one with the LDA trigger and I thought it was very nice but he didn't like it and traded it off after very little use. He's a die hard 1911 fan and I think he just could never get used to the DA trigger on a 1911 gun. After letting him shoot mine, his EDC is now a PM-9 also.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Links