H&K USP 45 (LEM Trigger) - Page 2

H&K USP 45 (LEM Trigger)

This is a discussion on H&K USP 45 (LEM Trigger) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi Mike and welcome to the Forum with the above mentioned. What I meant was.the fist shot is a LONG D/A pull, followed by a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H&K USP 45 (LEM Trigger)

Hi Mike and welcome to the Forum
    with the above mentioned. What I meant was.the fist shot is a LONG D/A pull, followed by a lighter D/A pull as well......
    I also carry the USP Compact as well as several other HK Types as well....
    Glad to see you jumped in and posted right away
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Ex,

The picture I used to have floating around of the LEM style triggers in the HKs looked just like the smooth side... that is...

if you had a variant 1 USP (DA/SA w/ safety and decocker), the controls are on the left side of the gun. the right side is smooth. in the LEM modification, both sides of the gun are smooth, like the right side of a variant one model.
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Ex,

A couple of pictures.

The Right Side:

The Back

The Left Side:

hope this helps dude...

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    Hi Mike and welcome to the Forum
    with the above mentioned. What I meant was.the fist shot is a LONG D/A pull, followed by a lighter D/A pull as well......
    CLASS3NH,
    Once the slide has been racked, the LEM trigger will always be the same every shot from the first to the last.

However, if you dry fire it (or a round fails to fire), and pull the trigger without racking the slide, then the trigger is in the second strike mode and you do get the long, heavy pull. But in normal use, the LEM trigger always has the same pull.

Thanks, firefighter. Is that a pic of a USP COMPACT or standard? I'm getting the standard size with 3 twelve rd mags. I understand that the safety on variation (most common) 1 is also a hammer drop and that you can carry it cocked and locked like a 1911. So what is the normal function of the safety with the LEM version? I was sorta thinking it would be absent like the Sig P245.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Ex.

There is no safety on the LEM trigger. My variant one has a safety and decocker, so I can carry i like a Sig, or like a 1911. Mine is a pic of a compact, sorry, it's what I have available.

Mine does NOT have the LEM trigger in it. You shouldn't have the safety switch at all. It should have just a pin, similar to the right side of my pistol. The only control on your pistol should be the mag release, which is right next to the trigger guard, and the slide release. Should be located on the Left side i think in your pistol.

Gentlemen (and ladies, as the case may be)

THANK YOU for the very nice welcome!

RE the LEM with the second strike capability, yes, this is indeed a feature that the LEM has over other DAO pistols such as the Glock. The second strike pull weight, as mentioned, is heavy as hell.

This is a technique that is explained but seldom taught, however. Most schools consider the click of the trigger without the accompanying 'bang' as a Type One malfunction. When this occurs, ideally, one performs the Type One malfunction clearing procedure (Tap - FlipRack - Assess) as opposed to pulling the trigger again. At least, at all of the schools I've ever attended that's the way it is taught.

Another semi - interesting facet of the LEM (and, come to think of it, all HKs) is that the factory warns the owner that attempts at detail stripping will void the factory warrantee. Field stripping is a cinch, but there are about ten million little itty bitty parts in the LEM trigger and without an armorer's manual I personally wouldn't dream of performing a detail strip.

I've yet to find an LEM armorer's manual anywhere, either. There is a link on the HK forum for detail strip instructions, but those are for the standard trigger - not the LEM. So if you are a card carrying coward like I am, don't try that at home!

Thanks again for the kind welcome!

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links