New XD-M Pics

This is a discussion on New XD-M Pics within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally picked 'er up. This gun shoots beautifully. I'm in love. Some will be horrified to hear that I traded away a nice 1911 ...

Thread: New XD-M Pics

New XD-M Pics

I finally picked 'er up. This gun shoots beautifully. I'm in love.

Some will be horrified to hear that I traded away a nice 1911 to get this, but if you get a chance to shoot an XD-M, you'll understand why I decided to part with the 1911 (o' course...I have four others).
    Attached Images
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

2. Remove Ads

AWESOME! I need that gun!
    I carry a gun because cops are too heavy!
    Take my advice, Don't take my advice!

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Nice choice
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Ughhh! Bad Scot

What 1911 did you get rid of?
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Nice new weapon! I picked up one of those a while ago and love it! It's a really nice shooting weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Ughhh! Bad Scot

What 1911 did you get rid of?
    Nothing short of a beautiful Taurus PT11911. Not to worry, pal. I know your tone, and rest assured, it went to a loving home. I'll not miss 'er, especially since I've got a twin!!! I'm not certain you're up to hearing this, but this gun changes the way I feel about the 1911. My concealed carry will ALWAYS be my Kimber Ultra. Even at 25 yards versus the prescribed 'CQB' twelve feet, that gun is king. Still, you should shoot the XD before pooh-pooh-ing them.

I know, the 1911 is the mother, father and family. I'll never down 'em...but let me just say that this was the best purchase I've ever made.

S
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

VIP Member
    I looked at one, they are nice; but, I need a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    Nothing short of a beautiful Taurus PT11911. Not to worry, pal. I know your tone, and rest assured, it went to a loving home. I'll not miss 'er, especially since I've got a twin!!! I'm not certain you're up to hearing this, but this gun changes the way I feel about the 1911. My concealed carry will ALWAYS be my Kimber Ultra. Even at 25 yards versus the prescribed 'CQB' twelve feet, that gun is king. Still, you should shoot the XD before pooh-pooh-ing them.

I know, the 1911 is the mother, father and family. I'll never down 'em...but let me just say that this was the best purchase I've ever made.

S
    I've shot several XD's...actually, I traded one for a Marlin Camp .45. Best trade I ever made.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Very nice!

Very nice...the XD(M) is starting to grow on me. Anyone have any idea when the 9mm version is due out?

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Very nice...the XD(M) is starting to grow on me. Anyone have any idea when the 9mm version is due out?
    No but on the XD site some are dropping aftermarket 9mm barrels in the M. The 40 mag holds 19 9mm with a small lip mod.

“Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    Nothing short of a beautiful Taurus PT11911. S
    You actually came up in the world then. A Springfield Armory anything beats Taurus.

Great choice Another one converted to the dark side. I never ever imagined I'd ever own tupperware much less praise it every chance I get and have it as my primary carry. The XD.45 changed all of that.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I've known my shooting buddy for 10 years. He literally owns hundreds of guns. He lives in an underground home and one whole wing of his home is reloading/gun area all secured behind a bank vault door. Just the other day, he took delivery on an XDM. This is the first pistol I actually seen him excited about. Pretty much every other new gun has been just another gun, but this one is different. He can't stop raving about how great this gun shoots, how accurate it is and how much he enjoys shooting it. With 16+1 rounds of 40 S&W, it would be hard to imagine a much better home defense handgun. I think this pistol may have just moved into my "next buy" slot.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Links