Another New Sig.... 2 problems corrected....

This is a discussion on Another New Sig.... 2 problems corrected.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I had to sell my P229 about a year ago due to medical expenses. I had planed on getting another one, but I had ...

Thread: Another New Sig.... 2 problems corrected....

Another New Sig.... 2 problems corrected....

Well, I had to sell my P229 about a year ago due to medical expenses. I had planed on getting another one, but I had also sold my 1911 45. I figured, what the heck... I'll take care of 2 problems with one new Sig....

So I purchased a new Sig P220 full size 45.....

Now I have to change my Sig line again....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I love my 220, it identical to yours plus some battle scars. I've been carrying mine on duty for almost four...maybe five years now. I haven't looked back. The 220 converted a hard core 1911 guy (me).
    "Just blame Sixto"

Nice Sig...SAO?

-JT

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Nice Sig...SAO?

-JT
    DA/SA

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I love my 220, it identical to yours plus some battle scars. I've been carrying mine on duty for almost four...maybe five years now. I haven't looked back. The 220 converted a hard core 1911 guy (me).

Got it two weeks ago and have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but if it is as good as my other Sig's have been, I'll be a happy camper....

Love my P220 SAO! The model you have was the one that put me on the mission when I saw one at a local gun show late last year. Traded my G30 on mine. Good luck with it, and be sure to post the range report eh?
    BTW.......I've stuck with factory magazines for mine. A local shop was selling them for $24.95 and I think I bought them out of the last three. They have some here though.
    http://www.topgunsupply.com/magazines-sig-sauer_p220/
    Very nice to deal with IMO.

That is a great looking gun.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

I was shooting with a FED ICE guy at the range Sun.,they issue 229 DAO 40 cal.,I was surprised at how smooth the trigger was,much smoother than my sigpro.theres a gun show this weekend and I might be tempted
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The Sig p220 is the gun i intended to buy with the money I bought my p228 with. I have not regretted the purchase. But I still want the gun. Nothing but good reviews from it from everybody I talk with about it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post

Love my P220 SAO! The model you have was the one that put me on the mission when I saw one at a local gun show late last year. Traded my G30 on mine. Good luck with it, and be sure to post the range report eh?
    BTW.......I've stuck with factory magazines for mine. A local shop was selling them for $24.95 and I think I bought them out of the last three. They have some here though.
    P220 - Top Gun Supply
    Very nice to deal with IMO.
    Kinda neat thing happened.... When I sent in my registration paper, 3 days later, I got a call from Sig offering a buy one get one free on the mags, so I got 2. too good a deal to pass up.....

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    The Sig p220 is the gun i intended to buy with the money I bought my p228 with. I have not regretted the purchase. But I still want the gun. Nothing but good reviews from it from everybody I talk with about it.
    I think you made a wise choice, 228's are getting tougher to find, 220's can be found all day long.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My Uncle was in charge of ICE up until a month ago and they issue .357sig not .40's.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Sponsor
    Can't go wrong with the Sig 220 IMO. I've carried my 220 "carry" quite often in the last few months since getting it back from Sig. Been on this kick to carry the 45acp lately instead of my 9mm's.

Good luck with your 220.

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Links