To GLOCK or NOT? - Page 2

To GLOCK or NOT?

This is a discussion on To GLOCK or NOT? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't have any firsthand experience with Glocks, I'm primarily a 1911 fan. I've considered picking one up from time to time though just for ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To GLOCK or NOT?

I don't have any firsthand experience with Glocks, I'm primarily a 1911 fan. I've considered picking one up from time to time though just for kicks - a Baby Glock in .45ACP or a 20/29 in 10mm. Overall I think they're good quality weapons and it mainly comes down to whether or not the grip profile and trigger pull feel "right" to you.

I do prefer a manual safety on my autos but Hell, my edc is one of two S&W revolvers so I guess it's not much different.
    Jack

I'm telling ya people... Springfield XD. 1911 esque feel and style with Glock convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    wait that makes um no different than any other DAO pistol out there and holy cow god forbid a Revolver..
    True, but most DAOs and revolvers don't go Bang! with a 3/8" reset and easy 3-5# pull. I've carried Glock, GP-100, SP101, S&W's, P7 and 1911's. Glock is the least "Oops!" tolerant.

I really considered getting a Glock......until I put a Sig in my hand.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    True, but most DAOs and revolvers don't go Bang! with a 3/8" reset and easy 3-5# pull. I've carried Glock, GP-100, SP101, S&W's, P7 and 1911's. Glock is the least "Oops!" tolerant.
    True but i try not to have opps moments and if people would keep there finger off the trigger they wouldnt either...

Euc the Xd is a good Gun also im still not sure why it hasnt taken off i like there sub compacts becuse the finger groove wont fit my hand in the subcompact ... but for a full size i like a glock ...

Plus that dang finsh on the xd dont hold up

Lead Moderator
    The XD I shot was nice too. Not sure how the finish will hold up, my girlfriend doesn't use her's for carry yet.

Rocky if its a black on they rust easy clean the slide real well oil heavy wipe off then wax it was a wax safe for clear coat carpaint

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    The XD I shot was nice too. Not sure how the finish will hold up, my girlfriend doesn't use her's for carry yet.
    I've been carrying my two tone XD religiously, and other than some minor wear on the controls, it has held up just fine. The slide may not be stainless, but the finish they put on it seems to take care of the finish problems others seem to experience with their blued models.

I don't carry my blue one on my person everyday, but no problems there either.

After I get the Sig p228, I was going to get a G20 or 29.
    Even though I've never liked the feel of a Glock I figured I'd get used to it for a reasonably priced 10mm.

But now I've been reading good things about the EAA Witness Elite series 10mm...if they hold true it will push Glock farther down my list.

JT
    True but i try not to have opps moments and if people would keep there finger off the trigger they wouldnt either...
    agreed
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Lead Moderator
    Rocky if its a black on they rust easy clean the slide real well oil heavy wipe off then wax it was a wax safe for clear coat carpaint
    She has a blued model. Will let her know the extra care , thanks.

yep i carried one almost 6 monthseveryday and had to deal with it rusiting almost everday till i figured it out

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Just a nice functional weapon that works as designed! It's not pretty
    but what can you say.I have a glock 17 and it works just fine.It's not
    as nice as my 1911 springfield but I will keep it and carry more often.
    No frills!

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I think you should give a Glock a chance. I have two of them. A G22 (40cal) and a G37 (45GAP). I love shooting both of them. Both are built on the same frame so grabbing either one feels pretty much the same. Both shoot well but I must say the G37 is my favorite pistol of all time, so far I have not had a FTF or FTE in either one to date. Their reliability and durability is legendary. The trigger pull does take some getting used to but that is no big deal. If you have spent any time shooting double action revolvers it is an easy transition. If your unsure weather or not you will like one, just pick up a used one. If you don't like it you will be able to turn it and probably not loss much in the transaction. Good luck with your choice.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Hands down the most reliable/durable gun made.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=13658

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links