ACP or GAP - Page 2

ACP or GAP

This is a discussion on ACP or GAP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I believe BudWhite has it correct about the ego round...but it's good that we have choices as what caliber to carry. Sorta like a friend ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACP or GAP

I believe BudWhite has it correct about the ego round...but it's good that we have choices as what caliber to carry. Sorta like a friend of mine that I hunt with, he uses a .284 Win. lever action he inherited. He has had difficulty obtaining ammunition for it and when he did, it was rather expensive. It is an effective cartridge, but when was the last time you heard of that caliber? In IMHO, I believe I'll stay with an effective caliber that's readily available now and for awhile to come.
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

284 was a good caliber and should have done better it is truely a handloader only round now i bet they havent made ammo in amlost 15 years now

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    If your friend has a Win 88 in .284 he's got a weapon that is worth a fair chunk 'o change.---- I seem to think that the .357 Sig. will fall also,although it might take 10 more years--AND-- I consider it a useful caliber in the right weapon platform. I will eventually purchase one in the SIGPRO configureation. WHY ?? Just to have one of course. Lets all remember that the GAP wont do anything that the .45ACP +P wont do. I also believe that it will never be MORE reliable in the (well F&B'ed)3" guns. (Am I wrong again ??) --------

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    .45acp is plenty adequate.

I'm still carrying a 10MM.....works GREAT on car door penetration
    Then again...my 45s and 40s do also
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    OK here comes the lone voice in the crowed. I love my Glock 37. I have owned 45 ACPs in the past and will, I am sure, own them in the future. I don't see the GAP as being competition for the ACP. Ballistics are too close on them. What the GAP has done for me is allowed me to have the size Glock I prefer in a caliber that I prefer. I can now have the power of the 45 in a Glock frame that fits my hand. The Glock 21 in 45 ACP just does not fit me well. Now I know that a lot of people feel if you want a 45 just buy a 1911. But for myself and many others we choose to shoot Glocks. I shoot my Glocks better then any other pistol I have ever handled. They just point so naturally that it is effortless to fire nice groups. As to weather the GAP will survive time will only tell. I know in my area ammo is scarce. I have to mail order it to get a decent price. I will be honest and say that it would be nice to walk into my local Wally World and grab a box. At this time it is not happening, but when 40 cal hit the market, store shelves were not bulging over with them either. So for know I order and wait. I wish all of you could come by and try mine out, you might just find a new love.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Lead Moderator
    I remember when .40 ammo was scarce. I had to either drive 70 miles to buy it or have the local gun shop order it for me. I was worried for a while that the cartridge would become obsolete. Good luck with the 45 GAP

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I am not to worried about the GAP not being available. There are just not too many calibers you can't find some where for sale. Maybe the day will come when I will have to shoot it less. If that happens so be it. I will go back to the ACP in a 1911 or just keep shooting and carrying my 40cal.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links