I did it... I bought trade bait.

This is a discussion on I did it... I bought trade bait. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I did all right on this. I've been budgeting for an AR15 next year and I know it seems a little silly to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it... I bought trade bait.

I did it... I bought trade bait.

I think I did all right on this.

I've been budgeting for an AR15 next year and I know it seems a little silly to buy another gun first, but I bought a CZ 75 B today that's in pretty dang good shape. The original owner told me he's had it less than a month and only fired 120 rounds out of it.

$225, not a scratch on it, original box, case, magazines, and papers.

This exact gun right here except slightly used.

They sell locally right at $400 so I think I did okay on this. I bet I can easily sell it and get my money back if I don't clear a small profit, I just need to go to a gunshow!

It's a neat gun though. I see what all the CZ fuss is about now. I may have to play with it a little bit. It'd be a good carry gun with some different grips on it.

I'd like it a lot better if it had some different grips on it. I got two sets (includung the original) with my purchase and they're okay, but don't really do it for me.

Apparently you can get 16 round magazines for them at CDNN for $20 so that seems like a pretty good deal.

I'll have to go shoot it of course just to satisfy my curiousity but this is an awful lot of gun for $225.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like you got a very good deal lets see some pics

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    That sounds like a great deal to me! Now you have a gun for that special lady, right?

Sounds like you did good, Euc! Cz's are some of the best bargains out there.

Does it come with the plastic grips, or rubber? If you want fancy wood grips, check out these 2 guys:

http://www.imageseek.com/hakan/
    http://www.viking-grips.com/

For more info on CZ's check out:
    www.czshooters.com
    http://pub69.ezboard.com/bczechpistols82792 (CZ Forum).

Lead Moderator
    Looks like you got a great deal!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

For some reason I don't yet fathom, the hammer rests at half cock much like say a lever action rifle. I would think one would either want the hammer all the way forward for safety or else cocked and locked. However I probably need to read the manual here. I'm aware they make this pistol in other variants so perhaps it's an inherited trait from a SA only version.

It reminds me somewhat of the BHP.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowpointHank
    That sounds like a great deal to me! Now you have a gun for that special lady, right?
    If you're referring to my other thread, I'll hold onto this long enough for her to try it. The problem is it's already too big for her and I think the manual of arms is exactly what she wants to get away from. If I didn't have a decent level of familiarity with common guns, I think I'd be overwhelmed by it myself.

But if she likes it, she'll probably want the compact and if she wants a compact CZ I'll make sure she gets one!

I'd give her this gun in a heartbeat but I already know she'd tell me it's way too big.

Very nice looker there...you made a good deal.

But the question is will you actually part with it?
    Made more difficult if you take it to the range to see how it shoots...there's the rub...

You know considering all the cool stuff you can do with this gun that might be a problem Chad.

I don't plan to CCW it. I don't consider myself properly trained for C&L carry so I wouldn't even consider that. I have to admit that is very clever on CZ's part, because this way everyone is happy. I manually decock loaded guns all the time so I'm not worried about that at all.

Lead Moderator
    Wow, clean gun. Looks nice alright.

Yeah, it looks barely used at all. Looks like he cleaned it up nice to sell it. Seems he bought it without his wife's permission.

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    Euc,
    In the other thread I mentioned my 83 was either SA or DA. Is the 75? I really don't know but I bet it is.

This one is DA/SA.

The problem I see Hank is that we talked about what she wants extensively. The good part here is that the safety does "click" into position very firmly. I have to admit I like that feature, but I think she won't want it there at all.

It'll be some months before I make a move. I may see her again fairly soon and I'll let her look at this gun and ask her how she'd feel about a smaller version of it.

The other problem is she don't like the double stack magazines. However I suspect anything I find for her will have them so she'll just have to compromise on this in all likelihood.

Thing looks like new i would have jumped on it too

Assistant Administrator
    Euc - I suspect they use same method as my SIG's re trigger/hammer.

Hammer at rest is not fully forward - because it is blocked - so it appears like half cock. If (with an empty gun!) you pull hammer back to full cock and then release under control - you should find that if you assist it - it will go all way fwd to contact FP - as long as trigger kept pulled to rear.

Once trigger released it is once more blocked. This is how the deocker works on these guns - the hammer drops onto a blocking mechanism. In normal firing use - the momentum of the hammer carries it fwd all the way to FP but after that it will set back again a bit if decocked - unless another SA shot being taken when of course it again gets full travel.

BTW - seems like a grade A1 deal to me - lucky fella
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links