Gun shows, deals to be had???

This is a discussion on Gun shows, deals to be had??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I made a nice deal about a year ago by bringing cash... after seeing the prices I asked the owner if paying cash would reduce ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun shows, deals to be had???

I made a nice deal about a year ago by bringing cash... after seeing the prices I asked the owner if paying cash would reduce the price... he gave me a good deal. Other than that most of dealers were not giving any good deals.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

2. Remove Ads

B52
    I went to a gun show in Tucson about a month ago. The prices on most of the guns and ammo where crazy high, it was also infested with Mexican gangbangers. I don't think I will be visiting anymore shows here. I would rather do business at my local gun shop (Murphy's Guns) they have great prices and friendly sales people.

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    First of all welcome from Key West. My fav. place in the whole world. Next I don't live in Florida so I don't know about the gun shows their but here you can find some good deals on Mags and holsters. I also bought a new sp101 at the last gun show $60 lower than what the dealers around here wanted so. I don't know if the drive would be worth it.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Next weekend there is a gun show in south Miami, I'm about 290 miles round trip from there. I'm looking to buy a S&W 9mm Sigma. Locally $360. Florida Gun Brokers on line $299.
    I wont speak to anyone else here but ill say you wont find a better deal at any gunshow than you will online . That is not to say dont go to that show or any show . I go to shows because i likely know about 80% of the " traders " at any show within a couple hundred miles ( call it from amarillo to pueblo with dodge city being the weak east end ) . I dont go to gunshows to buy/sell guns , i go to visit and look at guns . Its a rare thing for me to buy or trade for a gun at a gunshow , but i get to put hands on on a lot of guns that i would not otherwise . Nowadays my favored dealer charges me nothing to do an xfer , ( well he does charge me the 5 bucks the brady check costs him ) because i allways buy enough " side crap " to make it worth his while . I dont " buy " many guns off him , but i do buy a lot of ammo , scopes , holsters , ect.. On occation he has said " you know wall mart has the same ammo cheaper " and i look blank and ask " Dont we all need the business ? " .
    Gun shows are no longer about " deals " anymore , what they are about is social occations , and the oppertunity to put a pistol/rifle /shotgun you only read about in your hot little hands to feel fit .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

To tell the truth, when I go to a gunshow the only thing I EVER see great deals on: Kimbers....Ain't no lie. I see NIB Kimbers going for 2 or 3 humdred less than retail. I don't know why.
    God Bless America!!

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    I live 50+ miles from Va. Beach and the Hampton Roads gun shows. My F-150 get's 17 MPG. That's appx. 25.00 in gas plus the 5.00 entry fee. Same dealers every time with the same inventory. Usually only stock up on bulk ammo from Georgia arms and browse looking for presentable S&W's. Have not found any great deals in the last 2 years w/exc of a Remington 870 riot I practically stole off a youngster. 90 % of the vendors won't budge on their prices even when flashing cash (on guns). Do most of my shopping through our local gun shop and on-line. Miss the good ol ' day's when there were wheelers and dealers and deals to be had on firearms. Did buy a few nice guns when I lived in Clearwater Fl. at both the Tampa and St. Pete shows.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Quote Originally Posted by Derrin33 View Post
    To tell the truth, when I go to a gunshow the only thing I EVER see great deals on: Kimbers....Ain't no lie. I see NIB Kimbers going for 2 or 3 humdred less than retail. I don't know why.
    Hmm, apparently I need to make a trip to OK for a show :)
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

I've been disappointed over the past five years at gun shows, and don't even go anymore. Just too much junk I'm not interested in, poor selection and no decent deals.

I'd prefer to buy locally, but when buying a revolver from the gun shop nearby, they treated me like they were doing me a favor by taking my money! I get friendlier service at Wal Mart. And, I'm no "tire kicker" when I go into a gun shop--I have an idea what I'm looking for, and the money to plunk down, so they lost a good customer.

My last three guns have been bought online, no sales tax or shipping from Bud's Gun Shop. Just need to get an FFL locally to bring it in.

Check them out: Guns for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Derrin33 View Post
    You buying those off a table at the show or out in the alley from someone's trunk....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Hahaha! I buy off the table. The guys selling stuff outta trunks at the Wannamacher, are normally ATF agents. It's funny to watch someone get busted.
    God Bless America!!

Pa gun shows

I find shows at Gun Shows Now

Ex Member Array Jim Rat-a tat tat's Avatar
    15 or 20 years ago I found good deals if I looked hard. Nowdays guns shows are a joke.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    In my opinion the days of the "gun show deals" are long long gone. They have been replaced mostly by show dealers (carnival barkers) looking to cash in on the hordes of unwashed masses who are easily fooled, swayed and generally naive about firearms. It’s a large mass of cattle at the show and they are looking to cull the suckers. Still I guess its a good place to go to see a lot of products at one location.....and of course listen to the heavy dose of BS that flows around the shows these days. I don't waste my time with them anymore.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I know this echoes some of the other posts, but I gave up on gun shows.

Same old crap at same old high prices (in my area at least). Also, despite the fact that they're called GUN shows, they usually have relatively few guns.

Pretty sad when you drive all the way there, pay the entrance fee, have money in hand intending to make a purchase, and can't find a damn thing.

tts
    I agree with everything said thus far. However, it is nice to be able to go look and feel new items. If you were a C&R, it might be even more worth your while.

For deals on ammo, targets, etc., better deals can be had online. MidwayUSA has a special on NRA targets now; eBay also has good prices.

Though this threadwas posted in 2008-the recent posts apply. My son brought me a broke S&W sigma 40. I couldn't fix it(Ex State LEO armorer+) S&W fixed it free. Shop around! In Montgomery, Al a local Gun Dealer-Walter Craig (Google it) was selling Sigmas for $229!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links