Defensive Carry banner

Kahr PM9... Mans best friend.

5K views 25 replies 24 participants last post by  pirate 
#1 ·
I've owned my PM9 for a couple of years now and have had zero issues with it. It's like a trusty old friend. Comfortable to wear, easy to shoot and will work when needed. I own other fine pistols such as the HK P7M8 and Walther P5, but my little Kahr is almost always on my hip, or in my pocket. Nothing like a best friend that's always by your side and ready to assist if needed. Before my Kahr the Colt Mustang was a favorite got to when you dress light gun. Since owning and learning to trust the Kahr it's there 90% of the time in the warmer months.

#2 ·
I agree with you wholeheartedly, the PM9 makes the most sense for a pocket gun. It is reliable and reasonably powerful for its size and gives the owner a sense of confidence that any defensive situation will have a favorable outcome.

#16 · (Edited)
+1

I've had mine for 5 years & carried it almost exclusively for that time (I benched the Sig P239 in .40 that I carried daily for 8 years when I started carrying the Kahr). I have about 700 rounds through the PM9 with no failures of any kind. My new Colt Defender has become my primary carry now, but wow, can't leave such a good BUG as the PM9 at home. I'm sure that there will be times when I don't want to carry the .45 though, sad as it will be at home in the safe :(

#5 ·
Great to hear guys! After planning to pick one up for too long, mine shipped two days ago. Ordered the Black Diamond finished slide and night sights. Can't wait for it to come next week (already have a Milt Sparks pocket holster for it, any other recommendations?).

#10 ·
:wave: All! First post here.
I too really like my PM9. It's so easy to carry, even with an extra mag. That's the main reason I bought it. Seems to be a lot of haters out there though. Guess I have a good one.
Just finished a polishing job on the barrel and slide release. They polished up real nice.

#13 ·
Boy, it sure does hurt to read threads like these :frown:.

Here's Danimal saying:

I am jealous. I have the HC model with night sights, but am kicking myself for not getting the DC Black finish. I am sure you will enjoy yours.
Imagine not being able to get one, period. Here in MA, the only way in hell you will ever be able to purchase a gun like the PM9 is in the event that the following circumstances converge in your favor:

1) Someone moves into the MA from another state.
2) S/he just happens to have been a gun owner in that other state.
3) Among the guns owned is one of the coveted ones, e.g., a PM9.
4) S/he decides to go through the hassle of getting licensed in MA.
5) S/he (foolishly?) decides to part with the now-ultra-rare firearm that can be sold in MA for much more than its fair market value in other, free states.

Or, you have to be close friends with a police officer. Either way, the odds aren't good at all for getting any of the current crop of very small, light, major-caliber pocket pistols in MA.

I know this wasn't really on topic and I'm sorry.

Enjoy your PM9s, everyone :frown:.

#14 ·
Of all my ccw pistols my PM is the least carried . I dont find it fun to either carry or to shoot . However when it comes down to the bad choices i carry the PM . Your much more likely to find me with a Kahr p9 , a hk p7 , a browning hp , heck even a gvt 1911 than my pm . However your are unlikely to find me with out at least my pm . nuff said ?? LOL .

#21 ·
My preferred carry pistol is the P7M8, or P7PSP. That said the little Kahr is much easier to carry with an IWB than any other pistol I own. It's definitely not a day at the range pistol, but sure comes in handy when wanting to pack a 9mm and clothing doesn't allow a full size weapon. It is a mans best friend based on reliability and convenience. Kahr makes an excellent line of pistols. I'll be seriously looking at the P380 to replace my P3AT as a BUG. It should be on the market soon.

#18 ·

PM9 in StellarRigs Kydex.
13 rounds, 4.75x6x1" package, 25 oz loaded, counting the spare mag.
Heckuva lotta defensive in such a small package.

I walked 7 miles with this in shorts pocket today, didn't even notice its presence.

Pocket carry is great with this thing; probably fastest deployment, especially if you already had hand in pocket, looking nonchalant :smile:

- OS

#20 ·
MA has done some backhanded 'consumer safety' laws to regulate guns that can pass through dealer's hands. There is a screwy (and I believe arbitrary) scheme for what is considered safe enough to sell. Mfgs must submit samples for testing, and manual safeties and loaded chamber indicators score points, etc.

Things you can't buy from a MA dealer : HiPowers, Keltecs, Glocks, Charter Arms (yes wheelguns), many HKs, pop-top Berettas, Ruger semis, Colt (semis and revolvers) , Kimbers, Kahrs, Paras......

#25 ·
That PM9 is a great looking gun...comfortable in the hand, too!
Don't have one, but there are so many great little firearms...my tastes are becoming more and more expensive.

So much love to share...so many guns...so little time!:gah::22a:

#26 ·
My PM 9 has quickly become one of my two most carried options along with my Smith & Wesson Airweight. Great little semi-auto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.