Kahr PM9 vs. MK9 - Page 2

Kahr PM9 vs. MK9

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9 vs. MK9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a PM 40 until it broke ........ seems that although the mags are steel, mag catch is polymer !! If one slides a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kahr PM9 vs. MK9

I had a PM 40 until it broke........ seems that although the mags are steel, mag catch is polymer !!

If one slides a steel magazine past a ploymer mag catch , eventually the mag catch wears to the point that it won't hold the mag in place.

Probably not too expensive to replace but who wants to trust his life to that little piece of plastic ??

I don't see the same issue with the steel framed Kahrs and only wish that Kahr would offer a steel mag catch on their polymer pistols...YMMV mike

I have an all stainless MK9 which I carry probably 90% in a Kramer IWB holster. 10% is pocket carry in a High Noon pocket holster. Pocket carry is not a problem for me as all my pants have slightly larger pockets than normal.
    Loaded with +P ammo and always with a spare mag as well.
    I shoot better with this pistol than with any of my others. I like it a lot.
    Now that Crimson Trace has laser grips available for this model, I'm adding that feature as well.
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Quote Originally Posted by mike28w View Post
    and only wish that Kahr would offer a steel mag catch on their polymer pistols...YMMV mike
    I have PM9, bought in May, but made in '06; mag catch assembly is all metal. The button on the outside is polymer, but everything inside is metal.

- OS

I have the PM9 and pocket carry it 50% of the time. When not in the pocket it rides just behind my hip in an IWB. Mine has had zero issues and is a pleasure to shoot. It is a bit snappy for a 9mm, but very easy to control. As for 2000+ rounds through the pistol causing barrel galling I wouldn't have that problem if in fact it exists with my particular gun. I don't use the PM9 for routine range shooting so my round count is low. I'm shoot her just enough to remain proficient with it. A great concealed carry piece IMHO. I might be4 picking up one of Kahr's full size stainless 9s for a range day piece. I really like their trigger.
    Join the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by OhShoot View Post
    I have PM9, bought in May, but made in '06; mag catch assembly is all metal. The button on the outside is polymer, but everything inside is metal.

- OS
    Now, you're talking !! I may have to look at one of those babies again.......... mike

Any difference in the trigger pull/feel between the MK9 and PM9?
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I've only had negative experiences with Kahr pistols. I would avoid them, personally.

My understanding is that the PM series incorporated the trigger from the Elite models. So, unless you have an MK9 Elite, the PM9 trigger should be better. I will say my PM9 trigger is very smooth and crisp.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    In order to help your decision, here is another photo of the same gun, taken from the opposite side of the gun:

I keep seeing those nice wood grips, I think I may have to get them for my K40 to dress her up.

I use the MK9 as my edc in a crossbreed supertuck with a beltman belt (I have two, but prefer the 1.5" with the plastic stiffener), and it is essentially invisible, while still being easy to shoot well. I love it. Having said that, if pocket carry is an issue, the pm9 would make more sense I imagine. For the MK9, 7 rounds of +p 9mm in a comfortable to carry, comfortable to shoot, reliable package is hard to beat. For iwb/belt carry with a good belt, I don't think steel is a problem. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links