My new G26 !!!

This is a discussion on My new G26 !!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ya gotta love that little baby Glock... they shoot great and are utterly reliable... you should have many, many years of happiness together....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new G26 !!!

Ya gotta love that little baby Glock... they shoot great and are utterly reliable... you should have many, many years of happiness together.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

2. Remove Ads

LOVE my G26.. But I'm rather leery of making changer to my EDC

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    LOVE my G26.. But I'm rather leery of making changer to my EDC
    Why is that? Just out of curiosity..I have changed nothing that would effect function.The 2 internal parts that were changed are Glock factory parts and the others are purely cosmetic....just wondering??

Excellent choice in sidearms. I love my G26.
    I recommend keeping it stock for a carry piece.
    The cosmetic change to the slide is repugnant to me...
    It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Nice purchase...

I have one...just bought it a few months ago...still sitting in the safe.
    My EDC is still a Kimber Ultra.

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

nice!

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfvr View Post
    Excellent choice in sidearms. I love my G26.
    I recommend keeping it stock for a carry piece.
    The cosmetic change to the slide is repugnant to me...
    Repugnant???? Man...I'm really catchin a bunch of slack for my slide plate here...come on guys?!?!

Cool pistol, like the side panel. But as already stated I would lose it, better to safe then sorry.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Looking at that design are you sure that it wasn't made for Paco?
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.- George Washington
    Serving Since 1985- "Airborne"

Quote Originally Posted by Army22rpr View Post
    Looking at that design are you sure that it wasn't made for Paco?
    Paco????

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    Hey, glad to hear you got a Glock. One of the best carry weapons avalable, IMHO. I know it sounds like you're getting picked on a lot, but everyone here is just trying to watch out for each other.

On that note, why did you pair the 3 1/2 # trigger connector w/ the NY1 trigger spring? You know that Glock specifically states that the two parts used together can cause problems, right? I'm not trying to bust your chops, I'm just curious what you are accomplishing by lightening the connector but stiffening the trigger spring.....?
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM-STICK Holsters View Post
    Hey, glad to hear you got a Glock. One of the best carry weapons avalable, IMHO. I know it sounds like you're getting picked on a lot, but everyone here is just trying to watch out for each other.

On that note, why did you pair the 3 1/2 # trigger connector w/ the NY1 trigger spring? You know that Glock specifically states that the two parts used together can cause problems, right? I'm not trying to bust your chops, I'm just curious what you are accomplishing by lightening the connector but stiffening the trigger spring.....?
    I have not heard that about the two parts causing any problems..I have read alot about this combination on Glocktalk and many people love this combination.The NY1 trigger spring gives me what seems to be a crisper trigger and a consistant pull all the way through.The 3.5 connector just brings the weight back down closer to stock,so instead of a stock 5.5 it would be closer to 6lbs....I'd like to know where you have heard that Glock states the two parts cause problems...thank you

well...I guess after heavy consideration,I'm going to return my G26 pretty much back to stock..
    Last edited by pens-66; September 3rd, 2008 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
    Why is that? Just out of curiosity..I have changed nothing that would effect function.The 2 internal parts that were changed are Glock factory parts and the others are purely cosmetic....just wondering??
    Well, it may be from my past of working as an LEO. Any changes had to be made by the armor, and approved by the department.

I like the cosmetic changes, but as others have said, if you should ever have to use your sidearm, your sidearm will be kept as evidence. And you and I both know your cosmetic changes are a "nice touch", but the DA's office should they chose to look into the shooting may have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
    well...I guess after heavy consideration,I'm going to return my G26 pretty much back to stock..so if anyone is interested in some chrome hardware you can check it out here WTS : Punisher slide plate & chrome hardware kit - Glock Talk
    I think you're making the correct decision. My G26 received night sights, and the pearce grip extensions (no + capacity). The rest is bone stock.

The grip change was only to speed reloads from my double magazine pouch (more positive grab). I've got the Glock +2 & Pearce +2 on some range mags, but the Pearce without the + capacity is stronger & smaller and at home on my carry mags. They work for me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links