My new G26 !!! - Page 3

My new G26 !!!

This is a discussion on My new G26 !!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let me be clear to everyone. I was not meaning this as a personal attack to the OP or his personal taste. I am not ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new G26 !!!

Let me be clear to everyone. I was not meaning this as a personal attack to the OP or his personal taste. I am not saying anyone took it as that. As BOOMSTICK said we are just looking out for each other here. I have had the rare advantage of seeing some of these cases first hand by working closely with Law Enforcement and I fully intend to defend me and mine if necessary, and would hate to see somebody go off to the big house and be led down the road of a convicted felon because of something that looked cool when they were defending them and their family. Good luck to the OP. Stay safe.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Let me be clear to everyone. I was not meaning this as a personal attack to the OP or his personal taste. I am not saying anyone took it as that. As BOOMSTICK said we are just looking out for each other here. I have had the rare advantage of seeing some of these cases first hand by working closely with Law Enforcement and I fully intend to defend me and mine if necessary, and would hate to see somebody go off to the big house and be led down the road of a convicted felon because of something that looked cool when they were defending them and their family. Good luck to the OP. Stay safe.
    I didnt take anything anyone had said as a personal attack..I appreciate any input that I can get,especially from law enforcement and persons dealing with cases that my mods could effect my freedom outcome..thanks for any input you guys have given

Very nice weapon...My wife has the same (Glock26)...

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    Glock warned against combining the NY1 trigger spring with anything other than the 5# connector in 1990, according to "Glock: The New Wave in Combat Handguns".

Still, I think the warning was more towards pairing the NY1 with the 8# connector. I would say you're OK as long as you function test the setup a bit before you decide to carry with it.

I definitely understand the desire to customize your guns and carry equipment. My wife and friends have accused me of having a "Tim Taylor Complex" when it comes to my firearms.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM-STICK Holsters View Post
    Glock warned against combining the NY1 trigger spring with anything other than the 5# connector in 1990, according to "Glock: The New Wave in Combat Handguns".

Still, I think the warning was more towards pairing the NY1 with the 8# connector. I would say you're OK as long as you function test the setup a bit before you decide to carry with it.

I definitely understand the desire to customize your guns and carry equipment. My wife and friends have accused me of having a "Tim Taylor Complex" when it comes to my firearms.
    Now I have heard that about pairing with the 8# connector...but many use the NY1 and 3.5 combo.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    congrats
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post

I have a friend that is very close to the same field you are in. He would have offered the exact same advice you did. I have heard him say much of the same you did. I agree with it all. People put way too much faith in a jury of their peers I think. In this case, something so small can make a profound impact.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I'm not a Glock basher but why buy a gun that you need to "pimp out" with all kinds of aftermarket kit? I like to rely on the expert engineering of the factory to make my weapons reliable, especially combat handguns. My SA XD40SC and Walther PPS are perfect examples of getting things right from the get-go.

Lordy...and they said Glocks were ugly!
    It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

dude i love those walthers! sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    I'm not a Glock basher but why buy a gun that you need to "pimp out" with all kinds of aftermarket kit? I like to rely on the expert engineering of the factory to make my weapons reliable, especially combat handguns. My SA XD40SC and Walther PPS are perfect examples of getting things right from the get-go.
    The aftermarket kits are not at all for function or for reliability,and they are by no means NEEDED.Its just something to kinda make it your own.I bet my life on the reliability of my Glocks right out of the box!!! Nice collection...to each their own

Ok guys...is this better??? It's almost all the way back to stock.Though I did order a stock extended slide release(catch) because I do really like those.

Quote Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
    Ok guys...is this better??? It's almost all the way back to stock.Though I did order a stock extended slide release(catch) because I do really like those.
    That is better! Now shoot it up at the range, clean it, and pack it. Let us know how it handles for you.

Love the big dot sight. I'm thinking about getting those for my G26. How do you like them?
    Paracord Survival Bracelets & Lanyards. Help us raise awareness and $'s for our Wounded Warriors! Visit www.SurvivalStraps.com

Nice Glock there!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links