My new G26 !!! - Page 4

My new G26 !!!

This is a discussion on My new G26 !!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pens-66 Ok guys...is this better??? It's almost all the way back to stock.Though I did order a stock extended slide release(catch) because ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My new G26 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
    Ok guys...is this better??? It's almost all the way back to stock.Though I did order a stock extended slide release(catch) because I do really like those.

Do what makes you happy. You're carrying the gun. I can understand the theory about a jury frowning upon the "punisher" slide plate cover. But the grip sleeve, pins, slide stop lever and trigger set up are fine. Maybe if you just had a 3.5# connector and a stock trigger spring a jury might call it a "hair" trigger. But with the NY1 trigger and the 3.5# connector it is actually heavier than stock.

Again, it's your gun, carry it as you see fit.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I like what you did with yours.It's alot more fancy than mine.Would you care to share how much the modifications cost? Did you have a gunsmith do them or did you do them yourself ?

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    This is to answer pen 66 modifications are to give old guys the same edge as young fellows.Night sights,springs,magazine extensions and trigger work.
    Works for me.Do you own a 1911?

Quote Originally Posted by bmahle68 View Post
    That is better! Now shoot it up at the range, clean it, and pack it. Let us know how it handles for you.
    I've shoot it a few times and it handles great.I love this little gun!

Quote Originally Posted by kurtiss View Post
    Love the big dot sight. I'm thinking about getting those for my G26. How do you like them?
    I like the Big Dots..fast on target and there is no missing that front sight!

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Do what makes you happy. You're carrying the gun. I can understand the theory about a jury frowning upon the "punisher" slide plate cover. But the grip sleeve, pins, slide stop lever and trigger set up are fine. Maybe if you just had a 3.5# connector and a stock trigger spring a jury might call it a "hair" trigger. But with the NY1 trigger and the 3.5# connector it is actually heavier than stock.

Again, it's your gun, carry it as you see fit.
    Yes..it is slightly heavier than stock..and I have and will be leaving that mod in..in my opinion it should work in someones favor having that mod..It just shows that you have gone to greater lengths to make sure that you don't have a accidental discharge.The grip sleeve is just mainly for range use...And the pin kit just kinda went along with everything else I guess.

The Glock 26 is a great gun. I have one, and have put a couple thousand rounds through mine just in the last three months; with no problems at all.
    Enjoy Yours and Be Safe !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    That slide plate is pretty neat looking, but I always worry about making changes to SD CCW firearm. If you have to shoot somebody in SHTF situation, and that gun goes to evidence...and court. Do you want a jury looking at a wicked bad*** skull on your firearm? Just IMHO. Worked a few firearm death investigtations before and trust me appearances are everything. I love baby Glocks though. Great choice of CCW.
    One involved in a shooting will come under the micro scope of the jury & DA. I personally would think caliber & number of rounds, hollow points ,+P loads, number of mags would all be ahead of the slide plate. I like them - it personalizes it some. Plus you can even have your own engraved - something to hand down through the years.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links