My new G26 !!!

This is a discussion on My new G26 !!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys...Here is my latest addition..A new G26. I have done a few mods so far..I installed a Glock 3.5 connector,a NY1 trigger spring,hardchromed pins,extended ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My new G26 !!!

My new G26 !!!

Hi guys...Here is my latest addition..A new G26. I have done a few mods so far..I installed a Glock 3.5 connector,a NY1 trigger spring,hardchromed pins,extended slide catch and slide release.I polished the barrel,extractor and extractor plunger.A Lone Wolf rear slide plate and grip sleeve.A back channel plug and Pearce + extentions on the mags.I also just installed a set of XS Big Dot night sights this weekend..I love this little gun! here are a few pics

2. Remove Ads

Pretty sweet!

wow, i LOVE the slide plate, that is AWSOME.!
    where did you find it?
    great looking gun as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mutumbo View Post
    wow, i LOVE the slide plate, that is AWSOME.!
    where did you find it?
    great looking gun as well.
    Lone Wolf Distributors had the slide plate...they have all kinds of different designs,plus they can do custom ones also.

sweet. im definately getting one for my brand new g27!

Congratulations!
    I have one, and it is one of my favorite carry guns. At the range it shoots like a service size weapon unlike my little hand cannon j-frames. Very easy weapon to become proficient with.

Here is mine...

Oh yeah, and if you like a major caliber...

That slide plate is pretty neat looking, but I always worry about making changes to SD CCW firearm. If you have to shoot somebody in SHTF situation, and that gun goes to evidence...and court. Do you want a jury looking at a wicked bad*** skull on your firearm? Just IMHO. Worked a few firearm death investigtations before and trust me appearances are everything. I love baby Glocks though. Great choice of CCW.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    That slide plate is pretty neat looking, but I always worry about making changes to SD CCW firearm. If you have to shoot somebody in SHTF situation, and that gun goes to evidence...and court. Do you want a jury looking at a wicked bad*** skull on your firearm? Just IMHO. Worked a few firearm death investigtations before and trust me appearances are everything. I love baby Glocks though. Great choice of CCW.
    I look at it in this perspective...if it's justified then I have no worries

Yeah, I didn't want to say it first, but I'd loose the slide plate. My brother in-law has the same one on his G-17, and I bust his chops all the time. Every time I see it, I imagine some gun grabbing prosecutor telling a jury about my "blood thirsty" "gun crazed" brother in-law. Anyway, at least his is a range gun for IDPA.

VIP Member
    Yeah but Batman is cool!
    I especially like the "Smile Wait for Flash" on the end of the barrel!

LWD_SCP - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I like it...!!!
    Very sweet. I wished they had something like that for my XD!
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Yeah, to each his own, you have to make the ultimate decision. I worked as an investigator at the Med examiner, and my best friend was a firearms examiner for the State Crime Lab. Your jury members aren't going to be shoot/no shoot experts. they are going to be people who look at what they see in front of them in black and white not what you were experiencing at the time. You have a 50/50 chance at your attorney being more convincing and charismatic than the prosecutor. The prosecutor can say you are a dude looking for trouble carrying a gun anyway. Then he will show them your black bullet spitter, with a PUNISHER skull on the slide. OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!! SCARY!!! I and you both know that it doesnt make a difference, but to sheeple it will. Just a thought. I have seen many innocent people have to plea to charges because it was obvious the circumstantial evidence would convict them in front of a naive jury. Ohio is in its infancy of CCW anyway, just too much risk for such a little thing to me. Good luck though. Not trying to bust your chops, just looking out for a fellow gunner. I really like your Big dots. Might put those on my g23 when my mepros wear out. I had a G27 and loved it, and wish I had never sold it. Big regret there.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Great looking gun - congratulations. I'm still a real newbie (working on making my 1st purchase of CCW) and the G26 was the first recommendation from the staff member at the range where I've been training and practice shooting. After two separate practice shooting sessions with it I have to say it almost feels like a natural for me - it's my favorite handgun so far. I felt like I was able to use it and effectively control it, and it was amazingly consistent in its accuracy. I believe I am going to get me one. Thanks for sharing your photos. Stay safe.
    Glock 26, Ruger LCR, Glock 19
    Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema. "I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem."

Quote Originally Posted by bmahle68 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't want to say it first, but I'd loose the slide plate. My brother in-law has the same one on his G-17, and I bust his chops all the time. Every time I see it, I imagine some gun grabbing prosecutor telling a jury about my "blood thirsty" "gun crazed" brother in-law. Anyway, at least his is a range gun for IDPA.
    If its a justifiable shooting,then I'm not worried about a slide plate.My life and the life of my family always come first and if a jury wants to convict me over a slide plate...at least I'll still be able to sleep at night knowing I kept my family safe

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links