Carry gun evolutions? - Page 5

Carry gun evolutions?

This is a discussion on Carry gun evolutions? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased an XD .40sc but found it too 'thick' and heavy for concealed carry. I carry a Kahr PM9 90% of the time. I ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. #61
    Member Array Discu Stu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I purchased an XD .40sc but found it too 'thick' and heavy for concealed carry. I carry a Kahr PM9 90% of the time. I have a Taurus PT-111 that i really like that i've been carrying the other 10% of the time.

    I'm currently eyeing an H-K p2000sk lately

  2. #62
    Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Eastern Arkansas
    I carry "others" at times but most of the time it's a 1911 of some sort.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Array Al Lowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Mason, MI, USA
    I have to correct myself. I did go through a slight transition on concealed carry. When I first started, I was using either a Galco belt holster, or a Jackass (Now Galco too) shoulder holster for my Taurus PT92.

    Now, I use Fobus paddle holsters almost exclusivly.

  4. #64
    Member Array Seabee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    New Orleans
    I started out carrying an FEG BHP Clone. It was free from a friend. That was my first gun. I then bought a Glock 23. This worked out well for a while but wanted something "different". Next came a CZ 75B which I liked a lot, but the style was very close to the FEG. Then I picked up a SIG P229. I still carry this sometimes. Next was a S&W 642 which I also carry sometimes. My last purchase (last week) was a Kahr MK9 Elite 03. This is one that I'll be carrying for quite a long time.

  5. #65
    Array js's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ruger38 Taurus 92 9mm Kahr pm9 Glock 26

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Array enigmaone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    englewood fl
    First weapon i was given back in 1968 was my fathers old colt 1911
    other then that to many others have come and gone. But i still have the Colt, now its a safequeen,with lots of good memories.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

  7. #67
    Senior Moderator
    Array Tangle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    My evolution is perpetual - a frustrating closed circle of carrying one a while and switching to another in some unspecified, unpredictable time period.

    The entry point of this viscious circle was a G19, then Sig 229 9mm, then, G17, G26, then Sigs and Glocks in .40 cal, then a 226 in 357 Sig, then 1911s, XD, a BHP, H&K USP 9mm and Beretta 92FS. I then thinned the herd down to 9mm and .45ACP.

    I used to think that switching was bad, now I'm not so sure.

  8. #68
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Central Florida

    My First Carry Gun...

    was my KelTec .32...I've moved up from there!

    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  9. #69
    VIP Member Array jwhite75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    West Virginia
    Started with a Glock 23, Hume IWB, Glock 27 as BUG in pocket or weak side carry. Had a S&W 3913 in between really liked it, but sold it for some unknown reason.....DOH. Wish I had it back. Still carrying that Glock 23 EDC. Sold the 27, to a friend's Mom of all people. Stupid move on my part. Now I am about to purchase a 340 snub, a NAA Guardian .380, and a SIG P220R DAK. I have a lot of gun fund built up as I have not bought anything for quite some time.:):):):)
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

    I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Funny concealed carry with an obviously OPEN carry holster I saw today...
    By targus in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 19th, 2010, 06:09 PM

Search tags for this page

.380 browning bda grips
1996 kahr k9
eaa witness 45 holster
kahr tp9 forum entries, 2006

kimber ucdp

pt911 discontinued
star pd, colt magazines
taurus m85 early types
xd 9mm vs s&w 3913 memphis area

yost ti carry .45

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:


Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors