Springfield EMP 9mm

This is a discussion on Springfield EMP 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; About a month ago, bought a new EMP 9mm. Have fired 490 rounds thru it so far and the only glitch was 4 failures of ...

Thread: Springfield EMP 9mm

Springfield EMP 9mm

About a month ago, bought a new EMP 9mm. Have fired 490 rounds thru it so far and the only glitch was 4 failures of the slide to lock back on the last round during the 1st 200 rounds. Since then there have been NO problems of any type. Very accurate gun, (better than I am). This will soon be my primary carry gun, replacing, or in addition to my J-frame in .357 magnum.
    This is a great gun!!
    Attached Images
    We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now able to do anything with nothing.

2. Remove Ads

I got one the first of August... shot it first time near the end of August. It is now at Springfield... being "checked" and reworked.

FTE on every shot (220-230 rounds w/4 different ammos), and never locked back on the last shot. It had 2 misfires.... after examing the bullets and finding nothing wrong with them, I put it in another gun and it fired fine. No matter what we tried, nothing got any better. However, it was super accurate.

I think I found the 'lemon' in the batch. Right now I have no doubts that Springfield will 'fix it'..... they said they will either have it fixed right & will test it fully, or supply me with a new one. I like the gun, so I hope so... because I think it will / would be a great carry gun.

What I've heard from others, I think I just got that "one"... ya know.

What holster is that ????

Looks like a Brommeland Max Con V. Great Holster, Great Pistol, Great Combo.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Nice Rig!! Now if someone would offer a flush mag for the EMP we'd be in heaven!!

Have had my EMP for almost a year now and have shot well over 2,000 rounds. Only had one FTE. My target rounds of choice are Magtech 115 gr. and personel defense rounds Spear Gold Dot 124 gr. These seem to work well with this gun and yes Gideon, a flush mag would be great. I have pinched my little finger more than once while speed reloading in Defense Handgun class.
    This is my every day carry pistol. Do not leave home without it.
    Eagleks, please let us know the outcome from Springfield.

Holster is a Brommaland (purchased used from this forum about a year ago). Holster has been used for a Para Carry 9 (did not like the LDA trigger), and a Springfield Micro compact .45ACP. Not very reliable, lots of FTF issues.
    Yes, flush mags would be very nice, I am sure we will see them some time soon??
    We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now able to do anything with nothing.

I have between 6000 and 7000 rounds through my EMP. At 5000+, I ran it in the ISHOT1000 match where it experienced two malfunctions on the same (apparently bad) round.

Yes, the EMP seems to be a nicely accurate little gun, reliable, and a hoot to shoot.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Links