LCP owners manual errors

This is a discussion on LCP owners manual errors within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While reading the owners manual before firing the gun, which I am sure 100% of all people do I find on page 14 in the ...

Thread: LCP owners manual errors

Distinguished Member

LCP owners manual errors

While reading the owners manual before firing the gun, which I am sure 100% of all people do I find on page 14 in the "WARNING-HANDLING" section at the top of the page, 2nd paragraph down the following "Use decock lever to decock pistol before moving with pistol or when not actually firing." Whats up with that????, I can't find my decock lever. Do I have a defective pistol ???? Should I return it ????

Apparently the people that write the books don't know a lot about the guns they are trying to teach us about. Just hope some not so bright gun owner doesn't looks at his LCP and decide the trigger is the "decock" lever, could be bad.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

2. Remove Ads

1943 - 2009
    Don't get all excited over this. Your pistol is not defective and you don't have to send it back.

This has been discussed before, someone at Ruger mistakenly put instructions for the SR9 in the LCP manual. Should it have been caught by a proofreader? Absolutely. Someone dropped the ball, but it's not the end of the world.

Stuff happens. I doubt whether anyone will mistake the trigger for a decock lever.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Do you think if he called Customer Service they would send him the missing parts? He could sell them on E-Bay and then bring Ruger to court on a safety issue before the Anti-gunners do.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Links