Kahr PM9, first range session - Page 2

Kahr PM9, first range session

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9, first range session within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congrats on the pm. As a side note i suspect you will find that the little pistol will shoot in as you go along . ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Congrats on the pm. As a side note i suspect you will find that the little pistol will shoot in as you go along . I have a couple thousand rounds through mine now and find i can pretty much hit clay pidgins ( stuck in the dirt ) at 20 or 25 yards on demand if i take my time . I am really not sure if the mating parts seated with time ( tho i know the trigger continues to improve ) or if i just got more used to the little beast and its short grip , but over time the practical accuracy has improved . Now i am in the process of breaking in my new ( used but new to me ) P45 and honestly tho plenty accurate for defense it is not at this point as accurate as either my pm9 or my p9 .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Congrats on the new purchase We love the Kahr pistols i carry a PM45 & my wife carries the PM9. They are as you say a slimmer version of a Glock w/a better trigger May i suggest using the Federal HST as your edc round, its what we decided on & both of them seem to shoot it flawlessly & did i mention how big of a hole these babies make
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    i carry a PM45
    Not to sidetrack the thread Slim but please pm me . I just bought a p45 and am seeing " tadpoling on the primer , ie a good hit and a fireing pin drag mark . I really dont know if this is normal for the kahr and i dont see any sign of over pressure , but in my experience with both sigs and 1911s such tracks are a sighn that your pistol unlocks a bit early . If its normal for the Kahr ( many things can be that makes an old hand shake his head ) i wont worry about it especially with the low pressure .45 acp , however if an informal poll states we all have nice round primer strikes with no tracks , well i need to re look at minimum my springs .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I love my PM9. I will never sell it, it's the gun I carry when I cant carry one of my full size XDs.

am seeing " tadpoling on the primer , ie a good hit and a fireing pin drag mark . I really dont know if this is normal for the kahr
    Hello "RedneckRepairs" well to answer your question both of our Kahrs the PM45 & PM9 leave these marks on the primer (looks like a Q or yes a tadpole) i found it strange as well after we bought the PM9 for the wife (as it was purchased before the 45) & i was talking to a buddy who had the P9 that my wife liked & then wanted the PM9 & his does the same thing. Now iam no gunsmith but all 3 that i have got to shoot leave the same mark. So if there is something wrong we are all in trouble
    Any other direct questions feel free to PM me & maybe i can answer them for you.........
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    I just bought a p45 and am seeing " tadpoling on the primer , ie a good hit and a fireing pin drag mark . I really dont know if this is normal for the kahr and i dont see any sign of over pressure , but in my experience with both sigs and 1911s such tracks are a sighn that your pistol unlocks a bit early.
    It's normal with all Kahr's, it's even mentioned in the manual on page 20:

David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links