Kahr PM9, first range session

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9, first range session within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took the new pistol (along with two others I'd managed not to shoot yet! ) to the range yesterday (the Kahr came in to my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM9, first range session

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar

Kahr PM9, first range session

Took the new pistol (along with two others I'd managed not to shoot yet! ) to the range yesterday (the Kahr came in to my FFL on Friday night, had to work 10 hours Saturday).

I now see completely what all the "fuss" over this little pistol is about. I got the Black Diamond finished slide, and the night sights. This thing is very much (to me anyway) like a miniature Glock (with an improved trigger). It is everything my Glock 26 tried to be, but couldn't.

It is light, and quite small. It'll actually work in the front pocket of my jeans, in a Milt Sparks pocket holster. The accuracy, while not superb, is everything I need from a small light handgun. The trigger is very nice, with expected muzzle flip at firing, but nothing more than many other small handguns of substantial caliber.

I fired 120 rounds without a hitch. This was 100 rds. Winchester White Box, and 20 rounds of Gold Dot hollow points. The next range session will consist of at least 80 rounds of some type of hollow point (L.E. choices are my preference, either Gold Dots, Winchester Rangers or Federal HST). Kahr states the weapon requires a 200 rd. break in, and should not be considered reliable until then (next Sunday will see me at the range if my ammo gets here in time ). Then, I'll have a good option in between my Kel Tec P3AT, and the Springfield Micro Compact .
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the report, congrats on the Kahr...and I'm officially jealous ;)
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Once I got used to the trigger I found mine to be quite accurate. I too am jealous that you got the black finish.

Administrator
    I have a 1st generation PM9 and its on my never sell list. I carry it more than any other gun I own.
    "Just blame Sixto"

If you shot 120 rounds without a hitch, you're good to go. Mine had a couple misfeeds in the first hundred then 100% since. I wish I had ordered the night sights, but mine is also DLC. Great little package.

Mine is super accurate for such a small gun, but it did take some time initially to get used to the trigger. It has been 100% reliable from the first shot out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I have a 1st generation PM9 and its on my never sell list. I carry it more than any other gun I own.
    Sixto, you hit the nail on the head!!! I too feel the same way about my PM9. I have a couple of other excellent mid-sized carry pieces (Grayguns P229 and HK P30) but the PM9 gets carried 70-80% of the time. I did not appreciate how easy this gun is to carry until I bought one.

I have one of the first PM9s that came out and it is a real sweet heart. It is on my never sell list. I added XO big dot night sights and absolutely love them. Enjoy you PM9 and carry it in good faith.

Mine is a keeper too
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage View Post
    Mine is a keeper too
    Same here. I took mine out the other day and put ~100 rds through it. I hadn't shot it in over a year, I forgot how nice it shot for such a little gun. Also looking into picking up it's bigger brother, a P9.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

I really like mine as well. I also got the black finish and love it !!! Everytime I leave my house for a trip to town or out of town, I keep grabbing this gun. It functions flawlessly and is easy to conceal.

Love mine too, no problems with it in the 3-4 years I've been carrying & shooting it. Dunno what all the fuss over the black slide is, I really like my satin silver one :)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by fastforty View Post
    Love mine too, no problems with it in the 3-4 years I've been carrying & shooting it. Dunno what all the fuss over the black slide is, I really like my satin silver one :)
    I like my silver one too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

IMG_0081.JPG
    Love the little devil.

Thumbs up

Count me in as another fan of the PM9. I carry mine all the time in a DeSantis SuperFly pocket holster. So easy to conceal, and so sweet to shoot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links