North American Arms?

This is a discussion on North American Arms? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, I know most agree on some brands to be nicknamed jamamatics but what about North American Arms? I saw a short thing on TV ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North American Arms?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

North American Arms?

Ok, I know most agree on some brands to be nicknamed jamamatics but what about North American Arms? I saw a short thing on TV that showed a small NAA pistol and all they gave was praise for it.
    Anyone own one or more? Comments? Weblink to their site?
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Don't own one, never fired one, but have considered their Guardian models. Here's their site:

North American Arms

Administrator

The NAA Pistolas

Well, if you take a look at the exploded diagram views on the NAA web site you'll that they are an extremely simple and basic little pistol design. Not too many parts & not too much that can really go wrong.
    Solid Lifetime Guarantee. They are not real inexpensive though.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Several years ago NAA came out with a .32ACP pocket pistol that was, at the time, considered to be a viable alternative to the hard to find Seecamp. I've not seen one in my area but if you're interested in that style of pocket auto it seems the NAA would be a decent choice.

All said, I doubt I'd get one as I'm not really confident in anything under .38spl+P or 9mm (I prefer .45ACP) - although a few small .380s may one day find themselves following me home just for kicks: Colt Mustang, Bersa Thunder, Walther PPK and the 9mm Makarov are all models I'd like to someday have in my collection.
    Jack

I believe that the NAA's are designed from the See Camp line up when the Patent ran out and they could make their version of it. I remember reading about that somewhere. I like the little gun's and have thought of getting one just to have it. My buddy did tell me that his had a heavy trigger but otherwise was a good gun. I would consider this over a Kel-Tec any day just because of the lack of plastic. They are a little pricey but not bad.

MSRP - $449.00 my dealer sell's them for $387.95! Stainless Steel, 380, DAO, 6+1, 18.72 oz, 2 mag's one with extended pinky rest.

I like them.

Ti.

Assistant Administrator
    All I think of with NAA is the mini revo - which I must say is very finely engineered. Mine will happily live in about any pocket. Just hope to not have to reload in a hurry!

I keep hearing rumors of a 32 mag version in the works - rumor or fact I am not sure yet. If fact I will have one

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Yes, that's correct Louis Seecamp

The NAA pistol design is the design of "master smith" Louis Seecamp.

In fact, ArmyCop if you want to know more about the NAA then you can search Google for Louis Seecamp.

I had one of the First Seecamp Stainless .25 semi~autos. When I first shot it...it had a very slight feed problem where my ammo brand of choice was just hanging up a little bit on the feed ramp due to an odd bullet nose shape.
    Regular .25 ball fed perfectly.

I called them up & talked to Larry Seecamp on the phone & sent the pistol back & he did a full action & tune job on it & polished the trigger face...gave me a set of their new grips & two extra free magazines...really the Red Carpet Treatment.
    The little pistol was a wonderful design.
    Functioning was always flawless with ball ammo after Larry tuned it...it fed everything.
    I only traded it because I did not really like .25 caliber. I wish I would have kept it now though. Believe it or not the tiny pistol was super accurate.
    It was actually a tack~driver at short defensive distances.
    I think due to the stationary barrel design & the super finished bore.
    So...I sure would buy a NAA pistol if the quality is to the same high standards.
    The NAA Mini revolvers are super high quality so I don't know why their NAA pistol should be of lesser quality. It seems like their standards are quite high.

The Seecamp was specifically engineered around the Winchester Silvertip. The NAA, supposedly, will eat whatever it's fed. I'm still pondering one.............

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop
    Ok, I know most agree on some brands to be nicknamed jamamatics but what about North American Arms? I saw a short thing on TV that showed a small NAA pistol and all they gave was praise for it.
    Anyone own one or more? Comments? Weblink to their site?
    I have an NAA mini revolver in .22LR. It's a BUG and a last ditch BUG at that. The only effective way to use this one, IMHO is to close with the BG and jam it right into his eye before you pull the trigger.

This is not a piece you pull out of your pocket and yell FREEZE!

The BG's may laugh themselves to death, right after they kill you. I have mine stoked with .22LR Tracers. Also, the hammer tends to rest directly against the shell rim, so I keep the chamber under the hammer empty, leaving me with four shots. Be sure you keep your fingers out of the way of the muzzle AND the cylinder if you want to avoid a nasty powder burn.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

JT
    I have a NAA Guardian in 32. Good little gun. I bought it used, and at first had some problems with it. Turns out that I had an early model, in need of an upgrade. I sent it in, and they replaced some parts on the gun and magazines, and did some various work on it. No charge for all of the work and parts, even though I bought it used.

As for ammo – the only thing I ever had a problem with was S&B. Apparently the primers are too hard for the gun too function 100%. You tend to get light strikes that take a follow up to make them go off. But other than S&B, everything else has worked 100% since the upgrade.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Assistant Administrator
    Also, the hammer tends to rest directly against the shell rim,
    Ex - is that an earlier model then? Mine - bought last year - has notches between cyl's and so hammer rests on an intermediate point (notch) for carry - so stoked with 5 no prob'.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Ex - is that an earlier model then? Mine - bought last year - has notches between cyl's and so hammer rests on an intermediate point (notch) for carry - so stoked with 5 no prob'.
    Yup. This was a very early model. I have had this thing as long as I can remember. Maybe twenty years?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

ArmyCop,

Seecamp design and Kahr makes the slide and frame...should be a good combination. Kahr's machining is first rate on my gun...I don't own an NAA, but I'm going to check the .380 version out for the wife and possible BUG/alternate carry for me. Glad you brought up the idea...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

I've toured the NAA factory floor.
    These guns are well made, on new and modern CNC machines out of high quality steel. Then the milled pieces are hand fitted by a bunch of folks working together making sure that the parts are fit right.
    Everyone there was a shooter and a nice person... They are proud of the guns they make.
    They are choice little pieces.
    But like everything else made by man, they can have an occasional issue. When that happens, NAA will take care of you.

I've carried an NAA Guardian .32 w/Hydroshoks in my hip pocket for the last four years. It's a well made gun and with some practice can be pretty accurate for the size. To this day I have never had a reliability issue. For those certain occasions, it'll go where many others won't!

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links