A follow up on Ford's CS after their goof...

This is a discussion on A follow up on Ford's CS after their goof... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You may remember that I .... http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...i-ordered.html I sent Ford's an unfired NIB HK P7M8 for a BLACK NICKEL refinish on 5/5. I have a ...

Thread: A follow up on Ford's CS after their goof...

You may remember that I ....
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...i-ordered.html
    I sent Ford's an unfired NIB HK P7M8 for a BLACK NICKEL refinish on 5/5. I have a P7 that was hard chromed by them, so I wanted something different. I called to make sure it arrived with the paper work stating exactly the refinish I wanted. After about a month I called again and went over the specs with them and asked about the status and expected ET of the job. They said, about 8 weeks. I call back in that time frame and they had an equipment break down and said it would be 2 more weeks. I called back after it had been there over 3 months and they said they are ready to ship. Told me they have the address on my paper work.

I meet the ups man....open the box and to my shock, it's not BLACK NICKEL BUT WHITE NICKEL. It was Friday after 5 and their closed. I call and email them about the royal screw up. Yet to see how their goin resolve this, but I don't plan on paying for what I did not order. My paper work that I sent with the gun clearly states…black high polish nickel. What do you think is the fair thing to do here? If it's refinished again to black, will that hurt the integrity of the metal? What effects would that have on the over all durability of the gun?
    I have now been waiting a month after sending the gun back for a re-do, and the gun is not ready. I have called several times, they tell me that they will call me back....that never happens. I am disappointed in their CS and this will be my last time I use them. Their work is outstanding, their CS is poor to unacceptable. That is my experience, your experience may vary.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Tell them you will report the gun stolen if they don't return it.
    -Biker

Poor advice

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbiker View Post
    Tell them you will report the gun stolen if they don't return it.
    Report the gun stolen to the police? When you know that is untrue, you are filing a false police report. That is a crime.

Your advice is poor.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I read the other thread and at this point, there's very little you can do but wait. You could send them an e-mail with a link to the original thread and this one.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

1943 - 2009
    Another refinish won't harm your pistol.

Back to your predicament, it sounds like a letter writing blitzkrieg is in order.

Write the State AG's Consumer Protection Division, the Better Business Bureau, the Chamber of Commerce, and anybody else you can think of.

Drown 'em in paperwork.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

3 words..... Better Business Bureau. I have personally used them to help resolve a problem with a business. They did their thing, and my problem was solved within a few days. The BBB is pretty fast, and them simply calling a business is usually enough to get a business to do the right thing.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

I agree BBB or ask for a supervisor when on the phone.

That just simply sucks when this type of stuff happens. Life has enough stress in it with out the dumb ****.

I live a mile from Fords facility in Crystal River and have done business with them many times. Their work is second to none and they are some of the nicest people you would ever want to meet. They once took 3 months to refinish one of my colt slides but I didn't get too excited about it. If you saw the shop you would realize that it is not a big facility, but a small family run operation. In addition to custom work they are the factory finisher for Desert Eagle guns, and if you go there you would see rows of desert eagle frames waiting to be blued or gold plated. In my humble opinion the wait is worth the quality of the job. if you are looking for a jiffy job I'm sure there are others who could accomodate you in the future.
    Why do I carry a Gun? Because I can't carry a Cop

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    Report the gun stolen to the police? When you know that is untrue, you are filing a false police report. That is a crime.

Your advice is poor.

I'm not sure about this. It seems to me that if Fred deposits a gun with Bob, and Bob doesn't return it upon Fred's demand, well, that's a stolen gun.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post

Your advice is poor.

Yes, if they don't return YOUR gun when you ask for them to, that's STEALING. I didn't say report it stolen now. Please read my reply before telling me my advice is poor.
    -Biker

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.
    My experience with platers, especially those shops in Florida and the southeast regions, lead me to believe that most suffer from 'Mad Hatters' disease. Toxic fumes and chemicals erode their tenuous grasp on reality. I imagine these shops as being located in the swamps, operating outside the purview of the EPA and OSHA.
    I too have suffered through sluggish service on correcting mistakes.
    If I recall correctly, some of the players from Ford's were previously associated with Checkmate Refinishing.
    As a full time pistolsmith, I am VERY reluctant to send a gun to ANY plater. Nicks and dings, peeling plating, ignoring my return shipping requests and polishing mistakes seem to be the norm rather than the exception.
    My suggestion is to remain patient and polite, whether it rubs you the wrong way or not.
    These days, I parkerize and Cerakote in house. A pain in the butt to be sure! But far better than the alternative.

I say send them an e-mail that includes a link to this thread.

But then, maybe they have so much business that customer service doesn't matter to them....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I think the problem is too many guns, too few personnel. I say again their work is outstanding, their CS is a big problem. I just expect that when people tell you that they will call you right back....they will. I will call again Monday and insist they give me an et for the return of the gun. I did not expect a "jiffy job", however, neither did I expect to wait 6 months.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Sponsored Links