Got SIG P250?

Got SIG P250?

This is a discussion on Got SIG P250? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now, for the big decision on what to carry? I am seriously looking at the SIG SAUER P250 but, cannot decide whether to go with ...

Thread: Got SIG P250?

Got SIG P250?

Now, for the big decision on what to carry? I am seriously looking at the SIG SAUER P250 but, cannot decide whether to go with the 9MM, now and buy a conversion kit later to convert to 45ACP or just wait for the 45ACP model to be released, hopefully later this year.

Also, if anyone out there carries the P250 I would really appreciate any feedback (pro or con).

Thanks
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." --

Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    I own 1 SIG. Just bought a SIG 1911 RCS. .45 ACP, super accurate. Might want to take a look at it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

This link should keep you busy for a while:

P250 - The Official Word - Topic Powered by eve community

I have a P250c in 9mm. For me it is a natural pointer, is plenty accurate & has been flawless in over 2500 rounds. People will gripe about the long trigger but it is super smoothe. If you like the trigger of a good revolver, you should like the trigger of the P250.

I have not seen a 45 yet, but was told by the owner of my gun shop/range that the conversion kits would be out later this month.

In a nut shell, I really like the pistol but am not sure I trust it for CC given some of the issues I've read about.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Thanks for the post and link, Martial Archer. Will check it out!
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." --

Abraham Lincoln

Just went to the range yesterday, with my female cousin and my girlfriend. The p250 in 9mm is the cousin's first gun. I shot it a little. It is sufficient but would not be my first choice. It did not help I had my p228 there shooting and my Glock 23. The p228 is one great gun and the quintessential 9mm SIG. The 250 has a looonnnng trigger. Seems like forever for it to go bang. It is accurate. I shot some drills on paper and water bottles to show her that the sights were not off that she just needed to adjust how she was looking at them. It still amazes me that when Glock first hit the scene all of the companies made fun of the plastic guns. Now every major manufacturer makes one, but none are quite as well done overall. So in not so short, it is a capable defense gun, the night sights are adequate and it is a reasonable size for concealment. However for the money, I would save a few more dollars and find a nice p228 or CPO p229, or even a p239. If you handle and shoot a p228 you will understand. Sixto talking about his all the time made me want one and it is the stuff.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I fell in love today...

Went to the local candy (opps, gun) store and was looking for my next weapon. I had pretty much decided to go with a G26 and I was looking it over and the candy man noticed I was left handed (I shoot and carry both ways but am definately left hand dominate). He suggested I look at the H&K P30 and the Sig P250 be cause were southpaw friendly.

Well I really like the grip on the H&K but I fell in love with the Sig and it's mechanics for my left/right confusion. I also like the idea of interchangability but am afraid that extra parts may run me near the price of another weapon.

Need to call around for prices at other candy stores tomorrow. Does Sig have a first responder's dicount?

So my conundrum is this, new Sig P250 for $599 plus tax or a used G26 with Tritium NS for $489.

Comments welcomed.
    Last edited by MeatPuppet; September 30th, 2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by MeatPuppet View Post
    Does Sig have a first responder's dicount?
    $50/100 Rebate

Show Catalog Product

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I'm waiting to handle the P250 sub-compact.

First let me say,"I LOVE Sigs!" That said I am not sure of the 250. Sig has a track record of not supporting their "plastic" guns. I have shot one and it was very accurate, easy to shoot, and pointed nicely. The trigger while long was very smooth. The concept of changing parts to make another gun is also one I have issues with. Sig charges a lot for their parts and conversions. You could probably buy a new gun after all the costs of converting. Case in point their new .22 conversion kit, $400! You could purchase a new .22 for that price.

Sponsored Links