Defensive Carry banner

Sig Pro Minor Annoyance

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  bison 
#1 ·
when i pull the slide back on my empty sp2022 it does not lock. it takes a hard or fast jerk for the slide to lock back, unless of course i hold up on the slide release lever. since a hard jerk or fast pull allows it to lock back, it functions perfectly when being fired and has never failed to lock back.

from what i can tell, the magazine engages the slide release lever about an inch away from the point at which the lever engages the slide. because of this, the magazine isnt strong enough to push the lever up unless it gets some kind of jolt.
that's why it's a minor annoyance but i still love the gun.

has anyone else noticed this problem on their 2022? is this common?have a remedy?

#3 ·
From what I'm understanding from your post, nothing is wrong with your gun. Its not designed to operate under your hand power, so having to put a little umph in the slide more it to lock back wouldnt concern me.

#4 ·
i would agree to that, but all of my other pistols have enough spring tension to pop the lever up no mater how slow you pull back on the slide. just wondering if i'm alone here.

the magazine feeds all rounds just fine, but i wonder if there is a way to increase the spring tension?

#7 ·
#8 ·
Yes, I own two 2022'a and your problem is the mag. My first Sigpro 2022 used to do this. Clean out your magazine well(sig mags ship with a lot of rust preventative oil on them), if that doesn't work order a new spring from sig. The spring isn't strong enough to push up the slide stop firmly.

#13 ·
i'll give it a try. i've noticed that the back side of the slide lock rubs the decocking lever. so this is even more resistance for the mag spring to overcome. i'm going to also try taking some metal off of the back of the slide lock.

thanks!

#11 ·
If it locks back on an empty mag when shooting--you have no problems. If you begin having problems with the gun NOT locking back in the future, clean and check your mags, especially the follower and feedlips. Also, make sure you brush under the slidelock lever in the magwell.

I bought a used P239 and had a similiar problem...and the above was the solution. I haven't had any problems with my P226 (10 years) and P229 (12 years).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.