Glock 36 Impressions...

This is a discussion on Glock 36 Impressions... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My EDC for the past year is a G36. Once I got used to the feel, it is a great concealed carry piece. It replaced ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 36 Impressions...

My EDC for the past year is a G36. Once I got used to the feel, it is a great concealed carry piece. It replaced my G19 which was harder to conceal due to the length of the grip.

BTW. I tried the Pearce extension and the grip ended up the same length as the G19 which I quit carrying due to grip length. Practice with the standard mags and you will get used to the feel.

2. Remove Ads

Glock 36 Impressions

BTW. I tried the Pearce extension and the grip ended up the same length as the G19 which I quit carrying due to grip length. Practice with the standard mags and you will get used to the feel.[/QUOTE]

Sonic Mist,I think the OP stated that he was going to buy the +0 Pearce extention.Sounds like you had the +1? If so,yes that extention would make it as long as the grip of the G19. I tried the +1 extention when I first bought my G36. I saw no advantage,and it made it harder to conceal.Just my 2 cents.

Glock 36 Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    I will get the +0 you referred to when I pick it up on Friday. Thanks for the heads-up on that.

Congrats on your G36
    If your gun shop dosen't have the +0 Pearce extentions,most don't, Glockmeister is running a sale on them. Retail is $9.00 each,Glockmeister has them for $6.00. Don't know what S/H will run as he is in AZ. Just a thought. Glockmeister.com - Glockmeister Online. Good luck.

VIP Member

Also consider a Scherer plug

It weighs nothing and fills in the hole behind the mag. It also acts as a mag funnel. It does affect concealability a little so I usually carry without it. It installs and removes in seconds. Also a very cheap item to purchase.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Blademan21 View Post
    Congrats on your G36
    If your gun shop dosen't have the +0 Pearce extentions,most don't, Glockmeister is running a sale on them. Retail is $9.00 each,Glockmeister has them for $6.00. Don't know what S/H will run as he is in AZ. Just a thought. Glockmeister.com - Glockmeister Online. Good luck.
    Actually, I tried both the +0 and the +1 extensions with almost the same results. Here is the +0 one that I used. Obviously, the +1 extension adds a little more length.

http://www.pearcegrip.com/glock360.htm

Is your wifes G36 a newer model (manufactured 2008?) Are you referring to the Wolff springs? I will try mine before I do any drastic internal changes.
    It was purchased new about three years ago.

Yes, I put Wolf Springs in it. I mentioned the jamming problem on Glocktalk and the suggestion was to replace the mag springs. Two of the mags were recently purchased new (factory glock mags) but they were jamming just as bad as the older ones. (Rounds were nosediving.)

I was skeptical but decided to try it before sending the gun in.

I suppose the new mag springs did the trick but I am wondering if the new recoil spring helped as well.

I replaced the mag springs with Wolf +10% springs. While I was at it I replaced the recoil spring with a 19lb spring instead of the 17lb one.

It went from about one jam per mag to no failures of any kind during the next 12 mags we shot. I stopped counting after that but still no failures of any kind.

You might be able to go to an ever stronger recoil spring (like I did on my Ruger) but being her carry gun I didn't want to get too far from the factory settings.

Also, I bought a new guide rod for the new recoil spring because the original recoil guide rod is captive. I wouldn't let her carry the 36 unless I trusted it. We need to go to the range more often to insure that everythng is funtioning properly. It had been a while for her when we noticed the jams.

Glock 36 Impressions...?
    I've fondled one or two before...never shot one yet. I'd buy one......it just doesn't rank highly on my to do list at the moment though.

Administrator
    Go with the 36. It's a nice firearm. Mine has never burped. It's been typical Glock A~1 reliable. It carries really easy.

My Glock 36 has replaced all my other great handguns as my EDC. Light, powerful, dead-bang reliable, carries flat and is tough as nails. I just bought mine a couple months ago brand new and just love it.

I owned a very early model G36. It had feeding problems and I got rid of it. By now, our Austrian friends have worked out the gremlins.
    The Edge ... there's no honest way to describe it. The only ones who know where it is have gone over.

Mine has worked 100%. Bought it on a whim and glad I did. Quickly became one of my favorites. Got carried lots this summer in a Tucker Texas Heritage.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Administrator
    The Glock 36 really LIKES an Extra Firm grip and a locked wrist.
    The 36 does not like a weak grip and a limp wrist.
    Just FYI.

Has anyone tried the Glock 30? Same piece just a bit wider, and holds a few extra rounds..
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Yes and I sure didn't like it. It felt like I was holding a 2x4 with a melt job.

My G30 was the last to go, but it went for a good cause.......SIG P220 SAO! That's all I have to say at this point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links