springfield xd subcompact

This is a discussion on springfield xd subcompact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well my beloved ruger lcp has a pin that is coming out of the grip so back it has to go to ruger for repair ...

Thread: springfield xd subcompact

springfield xd subcompact

Well my beloved ruger lcp has a pin that is coming out of the grip so back it has to go to ruger for repair (I am still waiting for Ruger to call me back). This upset me because I love this gun and really want it fixed I do understand that its a first year of production and expected something to go wrong with it. haha Anyhow to my point here. My lcp is out of commission so today I placed an order for a Springfield XD Subcompact in a 9mm (not my favorite defense caliber but ammo is cheap for ranger shooting). I just wanted to know what ammo works the best in these guns. I would to find a defense ammo that shoots POA around 7 yards if thats possible.
    "No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

I have had hang-ups on different ammo in different guns... HOWEVER.... the XD has shot anything I throw in it, reliably, every single time.... from the cheapest stuff to the premium, HP's to FMJ's. So... shoot whatever you want to use and have fun.

Not sure why you preferr .380 but not 9mm..

Either way .
    the XD should eat anything,, ANYTHING you throw at it. The ONLY round I have heard anyone say anything about is the Federal HST.
    I personally run Golddots in my XD (but in .45acp) and have had 0 problems.

Don't really prefer 380 just the lcp drops in my pocket and is extremely easy to carry. Thats why I like the lcp so much. What I mean by not preferring the 9mm is that in a gun that size. Normally in that size gun I would prefer a 40 S&W but I do work for a living haha and ammo prices pushed me to choose the 9mm.
    "No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Anyone use Hornady xtp ammo?

My XD9SC is happy with Federal HST. It functions perfectly, and shoots to POA.

There are a fair number on XDTalk using Federal HST with good results. I use them in my Glocks and will be trying them out in an XD 45c when I pick it up.

Good luck and stay safe.

My XD eats everything except the crap that I tried making at home. Blame me though, not the gun.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

XD is almost flawless in its ability to digest anything. The almost comes in once you start tinkering with it. I've got a compact, a Service and a Tactical in 45 and until I "redesigned" the tactical, all were flawless.
    Tactical Tupperware is a good thing!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    The only ammo that my XD 45 won't handle is Wolf brand. It's cheap, and I've used 9mm in my other guns. But in the XD, it'd 1 FTE after another. It may be te polymer coating.

I have had my XD for 3 years and over 5000 rounds the only problem that I've had was from the mag spring going weak. I kept one fully loaded for several months in my car. I now swap out and disassemble. I think that you'll enjoy the XD. It's a good shooting gun with, what seems, near Glock like reliability.
    Mykel

more later...

I've shot Wolf ... and the Federal HST 147 grain HP... and no issues at all with either of them. Had issues in other guns, but not the XD-SC.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmhz1979 View Post
    Well my beloved ruger lcp has a pin that is coming out of the grip so back it has to go to ruger for repair (I am still waiting for Ruger to call me back). This upset me because I love this gun and really want it fixed I do understand that its a first year of production and expected something to go wrong with it. haha Anyhow to my point here. My lcp is out of commission so today I placed an order for a Springfield XD Subcompact in a 9mm (not my favorite defense caliber but ammo is cheap for ranger shooting). I just wanted to know what ammo works the best in these guns. I would to find a defense ammo that shoots POA around 7 yards if thats possible.
    My XD40SC will feed anything. I have never had even one jam in hundreds upon hundreds of rounds of the cheap stuff and at least a few hundred rounds of SXT, Hydroshok, Cor-Bon and TAP. It eats everything! The XD is sort of like a fat girl, they feel nice when you squeeze them but you don't want to be seen carrying one around. ;)

[QUOTE] I just wanted to know what ammo works the best in these guns. /QUOTE]

I have about 4k through my XDSc9 with no problems. Most of the ammo that I used was pretty cheap stuff and the little XD just never had a problem with any of it.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    The only ammo that my XD 45 won't handle is Wolf brand. It's cheap, and I've used 9mm in my other guns. But in the XD, it'd 1 FTE after another. It may be te polymer coating.
    never tried wolf in my 45c, but my 9sc eats it up....
    The 9sc has eaten everything I have put it in and have not had the first problem, its always pull trigger bang till the mag runs out :)

Links