S&w 459

S&w 459

This is a discussion on S&w 459 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, Today, I was officered a great price for a S&W 459 this would be my first CCW, I was wondering how well this gun ...

Thread: S&w 459

S&w 459

Hello,
    Today, I was officered a great price for a S&W 459 this would be my first CCW, I was wondering how well this gun would conceal. I think it may be too large to carry concealed. Does anyone have any advice about this particular firearm?

Great carry gun there. Nice short grip. Grab it i say.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Some of the conceal answer is, " how big are you"? and "how do you carry"? You can carry almost anything if you find the right holster and if you are willing to try different way of carrying.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

I carried the 5904, the newer version of this gun for some years, and know a couple of people that still do. To me, it hid the best under light clothing with a pancake style holster. I mostly carried it under a loose blazer, so I used a Safariland paddle. I had a 459 before the 3rd generation 5900 series came out, and will tell you that I thing the 3rd generation guns (4 digit numbers instead of 3-5904 vs. 459) had a much better trigger. If you like this type of pistol, you may want to look around for a police trade in 5900 series or one of the smaller 6900 series.
    What Would Gumby Do?

I carried my 459 on duty, both in uniform and plain clothes, for several years. How well you can conceal it depends on your build, manner in which you will be carrying it, and clothing. I never had any problem.

183 FBINA

Links