Defensive Carry banner

Range trip with my CCWs

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jwhite75 
#1 ·
So I went to the range the other day with my girlfriend and my female cousin. My girlfriend has some exposure to guns and loves to shoot them. The first real handgun she shot was a G23, that belonged to a friend of hers. She loved it and was super excited to shoot mine...until she shot the p228. She said the g23 hurt her wrist after shooting about 35 rounds. I let her shoot the p228 and she wanted me to give it to her. :aargh4: She is all about getting a 9mm now. :comeandgetsome: Now dont get me wrong, I love her and my g23 is an old and trusted friend but my p228 just keeps carving a place in my gun loving heart. If I had the option of carrying a 9 for a duty weapon I would prob due to capacity and less perceived recoil. I'm thinking maybe we'll work her into a g19, or a 26 maybe even a p239. I love the fact that she loves guns and wants to get her ccw as soon as possible. Her favorite outdoor activity besides deer and turkey hunting is skeet and trap shooting. How cool is that?:image035: As a side note the primary reason for the range trip was to shoot my cousins new p250c 9mm. It is typical Sig...well built w/ good fit and finish. But when you shoot it against a p228 it just does not compare, the g23 is even a more user friendly shootable weapon. The p 250 was accurate and shot to point of aim from out to 25 yards but the trigger was really (REALLLLLY) long. It was pretty smooth no grit or creaks in it....but I just did not like it. My p228 just kept humming and out shot both of the other guns put together for pinpoint match accuracy....and it was my first real range trip with it. I am only a moderately good shooter and it just had the ability to make me much better. I'm still pretty good with my g23...as I was cutting ragged holes with it, but why punish yourself with the harder recoiling .40? Well just wanted to share my great day at the range and my experience with some new shooters, and wanted to share my experience getting reacquainted with my favorite ccws.

See less See more
#3 ·
So I went to the range the other day with my girlfriend and my female cousin. My girlfriend has some exposure to guns and loves to shoot them... .
Thought for a minute you are from WV...:rofl::rofl: , sorry I couldn't help myself and you didn't mention your cousin again..

Sounds like you had fun and it must be nice to have two women at the range:urla9ub:

#5 ·
No we stopped inbreeding a long time ago when people started catching on:rofl: Seriously though, I wouldn't do that to any of us in person though we tend to get a little riled up here in the hills. :twak: :boese51: I have considered a g19 because I kinda want one and it will fit all my g23 rigs. Muhahaha. Plus it would be easier to teach her how to strip and clean. She has tiny hands,,,very very tiny and has a hard time operating the takedown on the p228 but works my g23 like a champ. But the p228 is a fine weapon. I am gonna have to keep an eye on it...to make sure it doesnt come up missing. :nono:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.