P228 Owners

This is a discussion on P228 Owners within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so I think I am gonna switch to my p228 for my EDC for a while. It really impressed me with my last trip ...

Thread: P228 Owners

P228 Owners

Ok so I think I am gonna switch to my p228 for my EDC for a while. It really impressed me with my last trip to the range. Any p228 owners out there, wanna share what ammo tends to give the most reliability and accuracy? I am carryin 147gr Hornady TAP...just because that is all they had at the gun show for a decent price when I bought it.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

I have a Sig 228 that is probably my most accurate pistol. I do carry it at times in a CompTac MTAC or a UBG IWB rig. Not the most comfortable but as you noted its a shooter. I favor Speer GDHP +P 124 grain and also run Federal HST through it.

My 228 likes 127gr +p+ ranger sxt. You also cant go wrong with any gold dot. I use 115gr +P+ gold dots and like them about as well as the rangers.

I carry mine in a Mitch Rosen Premier OWB. It's Nice but I think I need an IWB. Maybe a UBG or a HBE. Maybe a Tucker Gunleather or FIST. The Hornadys are accurate but I just thought I would ask if there anything better out there.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator
    I have a fleet of 228's, and have put 1000's through one in particular. It likes about everything I give it, but for carry ammo I'm partial to the Gold Dots, they cycle any weight I give them.

I did find they dont like the garbage ammo though... No jams, they just cycle a little slow.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar

Thumbs up

115 gr. JHP Gold Dots, but it'll feed anything I've ever put in the mags. I have NEVER had a malfunction with my
    228. Only my Beretta Vertec can say the same. Gave the wife the 228 when I went highway 1911. She can shoot it well. IMO they are one of the best semi-autos ever made. BTW her family is from Wellsgurg, West Virginia.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Mountaineers can be found everywhere...if you look hard enough. My G23 is still my workhorse and my duty weapon but the p228 is seriously making its way into my favorite list.

VIP Member
    My agency issues Federal Hydra-Shok in 124 grain, so that is what I carry and shoot. Perhaps not THE best ammo out there these days, but it still gets the job done. It is very, very reliable and accurate in my 228(s).
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Links