Hk p2000

This is a discussion on Hk p2000 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow, went to the local gunstore and held the P2000 in hand with the LEM Trigger. They let me dry fire it a couple of ...

Thread: Hk p2000

Hk p2000

Wow, went to the local gunstore and held the P2000 in hand with the LEM Trigger. They let me dry fire it a couple of times. Pretty neat, has initial long easy pull until it gets near to the end than the pull becomes harder. After you fire the weapon (I had to rerake the slide to simulate) you return the trigger to the half way point and the trigger resets...

The HK P2000 is clearly without a doubt far superior in construction than Glock, thats for sure... Not putting down all you Glock Fans, I used to own a 20/21 a few years ago so... But it was an observation.

That all being said the P2000 in .40 will be my next weapon I do purchase.

Dave

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the world of HK, the P2000 is a great gun. I plan to purchase a P2000sk in the near future.

Post some pics when you make the purchase.
    HK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

It might just be me but I have a usp compact 9mm with the LEM. When I bought it I thought I would love the lem trigger, but my first time to the range changed that. I couldn't shoot a tight grouping at all with it. It has this spungy feel right before the break I just couldn't stand. I would strongly suggest you try an hk with a lem at the range before you make a purchase. I am having my lem taken out now and having a match trigger variant one with ambi safety/decocker installed.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The P2000 is is certainly one of the premier pistols available today. Some people love the LEM trigger and some don't. One of the nice features of HKs is that they offer several choices in trigger on the same pistol. My daily CCW is the P2000SK, a gun that makes me smile every time I shoot it.

Changing the springs on the LEM trigger to lighten it from 8# to about 4.5# makes a huge difference. Identify the trigger's reset point, then put increasing pressure on the trigger until the gun makes a loud noise. Look in wonderment at the nicely placed hole in the target. Just don't slap the trigger.

Both my USP .45 and P2000sk .40 have the lightened triggers. Shooting tight groups is very possible with both of my HKs. In fact, if I don't shoot well, I am fully aware that it isn't my gun's fault.

I have a HK P2000 LEM and love it. I went out to buy a Kahr PM9 and made the mistake of picking up the HK. After looking at both the Hk somehow followed me home.
    The firs trip to the range I thought oh sh-- I can't hit anything. What is wrong? It didn't take long to realize I had my trigger finger in to deep and was polling with each shot. Started to use the end of my finger and I shoot just fine. I now use it for my #1 carry gun.
    Oh ya I now have the Kahr PM9 also It is my hot weather light clothing gun. Both have been 100% reliable with any ammo feed to them.

I have a HK P2000 .40cal in DA/SA. As much as I like the gun, I hate both the LEM and DA/SA stock triggers. I can't warm up to the LEM and the initial DA is way too heavy. I sent mine off to Grayguns for a trigger job. They really helped lighten up that DA pull and smooth out the action. Now I am very happy with mine.

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Distinguished Member
    My favorite all time firearm is the HK P2000. Period.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Sometimes I think I'd like to have one to practice with as it will likely be my first service handgun.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Have any of you guys ever "benched" your gun for accuracy? A friend of mine had one but sent it back to H&K, said it shot patterns, not groups. I don't know what his definition of groups is, but he was unhappy with the gun and the response from H&K. I know they may be "combat accurate" but I mean some idea of what they can do under the best of circumstances.
    tia
    What Would Gumby Do?

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Have any of you guys ever "benched" your gun for accuracy? A friend of mine had one but sent it back to H&K, said it shot patterns, not groups. I don't know what his definition of groups is, but he was unhappy with the gun and the response from H&K. I know they may be "combat accurate" but I mean some idea of what they can do under the best of circumstances.
    tia
    25 feet

P7M8 1inch
    HK45 1inch
    HK45c 1inch
    P30L 1inch
    P30 1 inch
    HK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

Links