Okay I lied... Don't do this to me Springfield..

This is a discussion on Okay I lied... Don't do this to me Springfield.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks Euc, that's exactly what I needed to know. I still think I'll be getting a Milspec first because that's the platform I'm most familiar ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Okay I lied... Don't do this to me Springfield..

Thanks Euc, that's exactly what I needed to know. I still think I'll be getting a Milspec first because that's the platform I'm most familiar with - but the XD .45 ACP would make a perfect harsh environment/woods gun for the situations I get into ... or for times I feel the need for a hi-cap.

I think all the custom makers on this board support the XD series as well. That's the route I'd be taking!

I wonder, if the ACP takes off like I expect it will, would the XD GAP still be in the SA line up? It'd be nice to see the ACP in 3" and 4" configurations too.
    Jack

2. Remove Ads

This is coming from an armchair commando, but I don't see the GAP versions going away. The same frame the GAP is built on is the same frame the 9x19 and 40 S&W and .357 SIG version is built on.

It's my understanding that engineering a new frame is the hard part when it comes to making a new gun, and since they already have the frame figured out it should be around for some time to come I'd imagine. Makes sense to me.

I think the size they're showing us so far is the Service model. My XD40 Service is 7" long overall and this new .45 ACP version is 7.25" overall.

I can easily see them branching out into a tactical model, and I'd actually be interested in the SC version of this now that you said it. Since the grip is going to be a little bit different, I wonder if a SC XD45 would feel good in my hand. The current SCs are somewhat lacking for me personally due to ergonomics... I'd take one if I found a good deal on it perhaps.

Grrrr, something's screwy here: double post, no post... Either "monkey boy" is messing with my posts or the ghost of JMB is taking this tupperware issue personally.
    Jack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links