Para-Ordnance carry 9

Para-Ordnance carry 9

This is a discussion on Para-Ordnance carry 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does any one have or has anyone tried the Para-Ordnance carry pistols? Iím looking at getting one for my wife to carry. She is looking ...

Thread: Para-Ordnance carry 9

Para-Ordnance carry 9

Does any one have or has anyone tried the Para-Ordnance carry pistols? Iím looking at getting one for my wife to carry. She is looking for something that fits her hand and with a on/off safety. We looked at XD, kahr (no safety) I have a g26 (no safety grip to wide), pps grip to deep and I didnít like the feel of that one. She did like the ultra carry II we looked at but not sure about getting her a 45. I found an ad for the para carry 9 it sounds like itís just what we were looking for. Any thoughts?

i have been looking at them. read nothing but good about them. pricey but appear to be well worth the money.

Might also like the springfield EMP.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Great shooter. Carries fairly well. Finish absolutely stinks though. I would spend the extra money and get the PDA if I could do it all again.

the one in the display case at Academy in Arlington was a joke. The rear sights were bent and the gun would never go back into battery. It was a turd. My excitement for the gun was replaced by disappointment. But thats just me.....
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Might also like the springfield EMP.
    EMP looks nice but $400 more seems like a lot for a 9mm. also I would think that spur would get snagged when drawing. It also adds to the length of the gun. I like how the carry 9 doesnít have the spur and all the edges are rounded. The Para warthog looks very comparable to the EMP also but is alsomore affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    the one in the display case at Academy in Arlington was a joke. The rear sights were bent and the gun would never go back into battery. It was a turd. My excitement for the gun was replaced by disappointment. But thats just me.....
    are you talking about the carry9? was it a new gun? if so thats ridiculous.

If you like the kimber ultra carry but dont want a 45 have you looked at the kimber ultra aegis? It is a very nice gun in my opinion. It came with a bobbed hammer that I replaced with a spurred hammer. I just like being able to safely lower the hammer with one in the pipe. If I had to do it all over again I would have got a ultra CDP in 9mm. At the same time I love my aegis. So far I've put roughly 2500 rounds through it with no problems. It conceals well and to say the least Im impressed and would strongly recommend it. Also I would like to point out that the aegis has a 'carry melt' treatment that blends the sharp eges out. The para warthog is a double stack mag that would be harder to conceal. Also I think you are getting a more quality weapon if you go with a kimber or springfield 1911. Also I just checked, but if you want to save some money you can go with a stainless ultra carry in 9mm. Won't have the same fit and finish of the premium kimbers, but will still be an excellent choice.

I likemy carry9

Just shot today actually, This thing is a great gun, I have around 1500 through it with no problems at all...

H&K p30, usp 40c, usp 45c, Sig 232 SL, P250, P239, S&W M&P 9, 442, Colt Defender, Kimber Ultra Carry, Springfield xd 40sc, 9sc, 45sc, xd40 tac. Glock 30, Ruger LCP

I had a Para Carry 9 and did not take long for me to get rid of it. It did not like JHP of any kind.

I did put around 500 rounds of FMJ in hopes it was just a break in problem, it wasn't. Even with the FMJ still had a feed problem from time to time. The finish sucks

I also have a Para CCO .45 that I like but don't carry much it just stays in the safe.
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

Had a carry 9, did not like the LDA trigger. Sold it a bought a Springfield EMP. Love this gun, would not trade it for 2 carry 9's.
    We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now able to do anything with nothing.

I have the Para CCW, which is the 4" barrel 45. I really like the LDA trigger, and the hammerless design makes a big difference when carrying (for me anyway). It did have feed problems at one point but Para fixed it free of charge.

I have no experience with the Carry 9, but I would buy one without a doubt.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Para LDA CCW

Although this model is intended for concealed carry (CCW = Concealed Carry Weapon) at nearly 35 ounces without the magazine, it might be a bit heavy for some to carry all day. On the positive side, the Para LDA is remarkably accurate and the weight reduces recoil to a very comfortable level. The LDA is double action only, with the smoothest trigger pull you could imagine. Suitable for a woman? Well, they do carry around a kid all day who weighs a lot more than 35 ounces...

Here's a nice carry 9 for sale right here on the Forum:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-grips-ks.html

Jack

This is strictly hearsay so I almost didn't post it, but then thought you might want as much opinion as you can get. So take it for whatever it's worth...

I've heard that Para quality has dropped significantly over the last several years. They used to be one of the "big three" when it came to 1911's, and now they're almost not even a player in the market. Their decision to go almost entirely LDA cost them the 1911 purists market, and I also hear that the quality, fit, and finish just ain't what it used to be. A co-worker who is a collector and shooter, with an arsenal bigger than most gun stores, was just commenting to me about this the other day. YMMV obviously.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II ē Colt Combat Commander ē Glock 26 GNS ē Ruger Mark III 22/45 ē Kahr CW9 (sold)

Links