Another silly p228 question.

This is a discussion on Another silly p228 question. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a p228 I bought NIB. It has factory NS. I have been shooting it more and plan to transition it ot my EDC ...

Thread: Another silly p228 question.

Another silly p228 question.

I have a p228 I bought NIB. It has factory NS. I have been shooting it more and plan to transition it ot my EDC off duty. Some time ago I noticed that one of the white "reference" dots on the top of the rear sights has popped out exposing the tritium vial. Is this something to worry about? If so, shouyld i send it to SIG for a fix?
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hmmm... I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. On mine, the tritium vials have always been visible (as they must be to illuminate). I guess I'm not sure what the "reference dot" is that you're talking about...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Don't have a pic by any chance "WVU" fan to see what you have going on there?

Roger
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Ill try to get a pic, but if you look at the sight you can see the illuminated portion just fine. However on the very top of the sight if you are looking down on the top of the slide the fron sight has it too there is a white dot. The rear has two. The assumption was that they were painted on...until I noticed one had popped out and there is a recess there that allows you to see down in to the cavity where the tritium vial sits. Make sense now?

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator
    Those are not Sig sights, so I doubt they will help you much with them. they sound like an aftermarket sight... and if I'm understanding you correctly, I dont think those are "reference dots."
    "Just blame Sixto"

Yeah I know they aren't reference dots. I just didnt have a name for them. they look like the other siglites I have seen. Sixto, could you send me a pic of what the factory sig sights look like?

VIP Member
    Ah, I see what you are talking about. Both of the "holes" on my rear sights have always (as far as I recall) allowed you to see down to the tritium tubes. The front sight has a larger "hole" that is an opaque white.

I realize this isn't much help, but at least I can tell you that my "missing dots" (if in fact they are missing) hasn't had the least impact on my gun through 20k or so rounds.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Put on your lead apron NOW !
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Links