XD45 Compact opinions

This is a discussion on XD45 Compact opinions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been eyeballing these for a while. My questions are these: How do they shoot as far as controlability and trigger feel? How well do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XD45 Compact opinions

XD45 Compact opinions

I've been eyeballing these for a while. My questions are these: How do they shoot as far as controlability and trigger feel? How well do they conceal and carry? Is there a favorite holster out there for these? I'm also looking at the G36 but I like the longer sight radius and extra capacity albeit the G30 would be easier to hide. Does anyone out there have direct experience with both?
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

Rights are like muscles: If you don't excersise them they slowly disappear.

2. Remove Ads

I can't comment as much about the glock as I can the XD. What I can tell you is in my hands the XD feels much more comfortable. I carry my XD .45 compact roughly 10 hours a day in a MTAC and honestly I sometimes forget it is sitting here comfortably as I type and I'm not a small guy either 6'4" 380lbs. I wouldn't trade my XD for a glock but thats just my opinion.

I bought a XD-45c just over a month ago and wouldn't trade it for the world! Fits like a glove, especially with the shorter mag, and is easy to conceal. Recoil is very manageable. I sold my Glock 23 to a friend a few months ago and I really like Glocks but my XD-9 service and XD-45c are my favorites. I have a paddle holster that both XD-s will fit in, just have to slightly adjust the tension screws. Either Glock or XD are great guns but I'll go with the XD's.
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

I carry a XD 45c everyday. I also have a XD 40. I enjoy shooting both of them, very controllable and accurate. The trigger took some getting used to, but now it is great. After two years I am switching to a Kahr CW40. I was looking for something thinner in the slide & grip. I have nothing against the XD, I just want options as the double stack grip can be tough to conceal at times. I carry the XD IWB using a C-Tac or my preferred Home The Southern Holster works great in pulling the grip in tight.

I like my XD and I will keep it, but it can be limiting due to the double stack grip. I do like the way the compact grip fits my hand. I can get all 4 fingers on the gun.

The trigger on the XD is known to break in after 4-500 rounds. It definitely smooths out a bit.

Just something to keep in mind if you think you don't like it right off the bat.
    I carry IWB in a Supertuck.

I love my XD 45 compact and its my main carry gun.

As far as concelability goes the XD45C with the 10 rd mag is virtually the same size as the Glock 19.
    I have and really like both of them. However you are interested in the XD it is an awsome gun. I check in over at the XD Talk forum most days and folks just love their 45's.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I carry mine daily and love it. Great shooting gun and so far very reliable. I carry mine in either a Dakota or Eagle defender from K&D Holsters

Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I have an XD compact with a Lasermax guide rod laser sight. Carry it cross draw in a Don Hume h715. Never liked the Glock trigger. Love the XD. Alot of fun to shoot.
    Please contribute to the continuing destruction of Liberty. Vote Republican or Democrat.

Smile

My XD-45c is my favorite gun. Fits my average-sized hand just perfectly but very few complaints from those with large or small. Points better than anything else. I truly love this gun. Been using a SmartCarry which hides it completely but looking to add other carry options too.

re:

Good carry pistol. Carry mine in an M-TAC .... 45 ACP in an excellent package. The only thing I want to do to it is upgrade the sights.
    Springfield Armory 1911-A1 TRP SS
    Glock 17
    Glock 32 ( w/ 23 barrel )
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9

Quote Originally Posted by Bline View Post
    I've been eyeballing these for a while. My questions are these: How do they shoot as far as controlability and trigger feel? How well do they conceal and carry? Is there a favorite holster out there for these? I'm also looking at the G36 but I like the longer sight radius and extra capacity albeit the G30 would be easier to hide. Does anyone out there have direct experience with both?
    I looked at the XD's, but loved the feel of the Glock-36. Now that I have the G-36 and revisit the gun shop, the XD doesn't feel as good in the hand to me...OMO

My G-36 goes everywhere on my Harley.

Stay armed...you have the make the choice for yourself...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I carry a XD9mm SC love mine, i held the 45's but the 9 or 40 in SC is even easier to conceal.

I love my XD 9 SC. I carry it in a Don Hume JIT Slide holster. It holds it very tight to the body. The XD series is excellent!
    Every day's a holiday and every meal's a feast!

RetiredMajor
    NRA Certified Instructor

I love my .45 SC but since I am a smaller guy, I'll probably get a Colt .45 New Agent for CC. I have found that my XD is harder to CC. However, the XD is a dream to shoot with and really enjoy the quality of it. Superb for home defense and CC for larger guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links