Unique Glock situation

This is a discussion on Unique Glock situation within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I had a G-23 I frequently wore it in my Milt Sparks VersaMax-II under a t-shirt. Here's a pic with the shirt tucked in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unique Glock situation

VIP Member
    When I had a G-23 I frequently wore it in my Milt Sparks VersaMax-II under a t-shirt. Here's a pic with the shirt tucked in so you can see how the weapon sits in the VM-II.

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Sorry your Gun Broke.

I've used Literally Thousands of rounds of WOLF in Rifles ,
    and Hundreds in Pistols.

Wolf is an inexpensive brand but no worse in quality or less safe than
    any other low cost brand.

I don't think Wolf will be buying you a new Gun.

Did you ask the Glock Rep why they changed the specs on their
    newer barrels ?
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I had both at one time. The 27 does coneal better than the 23. I had to add the pinkie extension with no extra round. I also carry a couple of 22 mags with the A & G sleeves installed on them - but you don't absolutely need the sleeves - the 22 mags work fine in the 27, or the 23 for that matter. I get the best of both worlds with this setup. The shorter grip is what helps in the concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzgum View Post
    Being biased because I own one, I'd suggest giving the SA XD a try.
    + 1.

Although, I did see one XD .40 thatblew also.

But they don't have the Ka Boom reputation of Glocks. I traded a Glock for an XD and never looked back.

For me it's:

No .40, no Wolf, and no Glock.

Administrator
    Glad that you're OK.
    Good Reminder Folks...Always wear your shooting glasses.

Stuff does happen sometimes and you do not want the loss of a precious eye to be part of the mishap.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    But they don't have the Ka Boom reputation of Glocks.
    Again, I believe--and see similar opinions on this thread--that the ammo was at fault and after I called both companies I am under the impression that I will have a new Glock paid for by Wolf.

But I guess this all remains to be seen, I'll keep ya posted. Thanks again for all the help. After reading what I've seen, my main concern with concealment being the length of the grip seems to differ between the 23 and 27 by a very small increment. (~0.5 inch with the pinky extension on the 27)

And +1 on the eyes and ears--wear them every time

Quote Originally Posted by glockstock View Post
    Again, I believe--and see similar opinions on this thread--that the ammo was at fault and after I called both companies I am under the impression that I will have a new Glock paid for by Wolf.

But I guess this all remains to be seen, I'll keep ya posted. Thanks again for all the help. After reading what I've seen, my main concern with concealment being the length of the grip seems to differ between the 23 and 27 by a very small increment. (~0.5 inch with the pinky extension on the 27)

And +1 on the eyes and ears--wear them every time
    Please do keep us posted. I've got my fingers crossed for you and the replacement deal. It's a lesson learned and you're still here to tell the tale, and despite the circumstances, you're not shying away from Glock.

sometimes, maybe a weaker gun can help in these circumstances. Like they build ammunition factories with blow-out walls. In your case, the pressure went safely to the top, which is probably the best way to go (if front through the barrel doesn't work). See it as your Glock's "crumble zone" ;-)
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

I had a Glock 19 and carried it and really liked it. When I retired I bought myself a G26 and carried it and liked it and found it to be very accurate.
    I actually found the G19 carried and concealed as good if not better than the G26. It just seemed to have really good balance and rode in a holster well.

Although I am not a fan of the .40, I think whichever size gun you like best will work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    I had both at one time. The 27 does coneal better than the 23. I had to add the pinkie extension with no extra round. I also carry a couple of 22 mags with the A & G sleeves installed on them - but you don't absolutely need the sleeves - the 22 mags work fine in the 27, or the 23 for that matter. I get the best of both worlds with this setup. The shorter grip is what helps in the concealment.

+1
    Freedom isn't free! Don't ever take it forgranted!

Wow Glockstock! What fun! I had the same thing, kind of, happen to me when I was a .45 instructor at Ft. Benning. We were out on the range one day and all the trainees had completed their firing for the day. There was about 1/2 box of ammo left that we were supposed to shoot up at the end of the day. I filled a clip, locked and loaded the weapon, and started rapid fire down range.

On the very last round, BOOM! It was an overload, but the .45 was not damaged. That sucker went off so loud that it woke up everybody on the range, and everbody had plugs in of course, including me. I could not hear a dam thing for about three days, and when I could, there was this mysterious ringing in my ears. That is when I learned what Titinitus is and I have it to this very day. For 36 years now the Govt. has paid me about $100.00 a month for a 10% disability. There went my carrer in opera too!
    Last edited by savemypc; October 13th, 2008 at 12:12 AM. Reason: clarity
    "God makes the wind. We set the sails."

My Avatar is the AAF flight jacket patch from my father's B-24 Liberator in WW2. The name was "Touch Me Not", referring to Ack-Ack and enemy fighters, of course. He was a member of the 485th BG,15th AAC, Italy. God rest his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by savemypc View Post
    Wow Glockstock! What fun! I had the same thing, kind of, happen to me when I was a .45 instructor at Ft. Benning. We were out on the range one day and all the trainees had completed their firing for the day. There was about 1/2 box of ammo left that we were supposed to shoot up at the end of the day. I filled a clip, locked and loaded the weapon, and started rapid fire down range.

On the very last round, BOOM! It was an overload, but the .45 was not damaged. That sucker went off so loud that it woke up everybody on the range, and everbody had plugs in of course, including me. I could not hear a dam thing for about three days, and when I could, there was this mysterious ringing in my ears. That is when I learned what Titinitus is and I have it to this very day. For 36 years now the Govt. has paid me about $100.00 a month for a 10% disability. There went my carrer in opera too!

I think you mean clip=magazine

Quote Originally Posted by glockstock View Post

So my unique situation stems from the possibility of choosing another Glock as this one will be replaced by Wolf and I feel that it might be a good idea to consider the subcompact model. Also, I don't think that the gun itself had anything to do with this incident so I certainly have nothing to say against Glock firearms. Thoughts?

Don't use Wolf ammo!!!
    Glad that you're ok. Have you already confirmed with Wolf that they will replace your gun? I think that if it were me, I would refrain from throwing any stones at them - especially before I get the results that I believe I deserve. If they do replace it, you will probably be asked to sign a form that says that you won't be dissing Wolf Ammo in the future. Good luck and keep us posted.
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links